Day Four Post op

Tina72
on 3/4/12 2:56 am
Had RNY on Thursday in Ottawa.  Everything went well.  Came home yesterday.
I am working on fluids and protein.  I feel okay, but take a lot of naps throughout the day, hopefully this is normal?
I catch myself still looking at TV commercials and thinking wow I would love to have a bite of that, so I guess I will have some head hunger issues to deal with as I get farther out.
Thanks to everyone for their advice on this forum over the past year and a half.  I try to read through it everyday and I found it made the process easier, because you knew what to expect

Tina
LuAnne H.
on 3/4/12 3:17 am - London, Canada
Glad to hear things went well!!  Naps after surgery are very normal.  Sounds like you have everything under control.  Home is so much better than the hospital!!

LuAnne

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 4:50 am
RNY on 04/13/12

So glad all went well for you. Did you find waking up after surgery that you had alot of pain?
You must be so happy now that your life is headed in a brand new direction. How did you find your DR did you like him or her?  I meet dr Yelle on march 6 and then i guess the opti fast is next.
Do you have any advise to give about what to bring to hospital and such.
Congrats on your new beginning.

niceeyes72
on 3/4/12 6:05 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Congrats on a successful surgery!!!
I go on the 23rd... Any advice!?

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

sam1am
on 3/4/12 7:02 am
Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tina72
on 3/4/12 7:54 am
Thanks everyone

To cheekygal and niceeyes72, I don't have a lot of advice, except do what the nurses tell you, they know what they are doing. Don't worry about bringing much to the hospital, with the iv and everything, you probably won't even need a housecoat, the hospital even has slippers!
I had a lot of discomfort when I woke up and felt like I couldn't breathe, but really you are so out of it, just let the pain meds take you 'away' for a few hours and then it definately gets easier from there.
My surgeon was Dr Raiche, but I talked to Dr. Yelle on the second day and he seemed to be in charge of everyone, my surgeon included, so it looks like you'll be having a very experienced surgeon. Best of luck to you both
Tates
on 3/5/12 5:41 am - Canada
 Good job, and congratulations on the start of your journey! I noticed the same thing with the television, every other ad seems to be for some sort of fast food, I'm with you on having to work on that too!
Most Active
Recent Topics