I made it

Rachel O.
on 3/4/12 6:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
to the bench :) 

Had my surgery on March 2nd. Was really uneventful. I was really sleepy and nauseated the first day. Today I am not to bad. Just feeling a little gassy but that's normal. I did however cough of some blood. Which I was told was normal. Scary for me. I had a high fever the first night. They still don't know why. I am glad to be home and moving around slowly.

I am sore to do a cpl incisions but nothing I can't handle. I am however having a tough time getting in all the water and protein drinks. I can seem to handle more then 60 ml an hour. If I do have more I get nauseated and have to lay down. Hopefully it will clear up.
Brenda T.
on 3/4/12 7:16 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm glad to hear you are home and doing well. Great to hear your update. Each day will get better.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

birdiegirl
on 3/4/12 7:20 am
Hi Rachel

Congrats!

Dont worry too much the first week or so re what you are able to consume- fluid and solid...

Just do the best you can.....protein drinks are also fluid so I would work on those first....and the protein aids healing

Its a full time job the first month or so to get all your protein and fluids in....will likely take you most of the day working on it....

Get lots of rest - do the best you can - and be kind to yourself....and do not lift anything heavy....likely including your purse!

Take it easy

Barb

morena8162
on 3/4/12 7:34 am - Canada
Congrats! ..Glad to hear you made it through without any complications...   wishing you a speedy recovery...
Surgeon: March 02/12 Surgery: April 04/12
Looking forward to a brighter, healthier tomorrow ....  

sam1am
on 3/4/12 8:27 am
 Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Estafonia1113
on 3/4/12 9:14 am - Canada
Glad to hear your home!!! Take care if yourself and see you on bench soon....

Janet13
on 3/4/12 9:19 am - Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

smiley_k
on 3/4/12 10:07 am
 Glad to hear it went well!
Katie  ♥     

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/4/12 10:16 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 Uneventful is good! Glad it went well!

Mary A.
on 3/4/12 10:31 am
 Congrats Rachel!!
Sorry to hear the nausea is getting you down - but hope it clears up soon!   
Most Active
Recent Topics