Opinions Please

yssirhc
on 3/21/12 5:33 am, edited 3/21/12 6:01 am - Canada
OK so i go for my appointments mid April before i can get the go ahead. if anyone has been following me knows about my struggle to decide what to do for my horse show year. my question now. i bought some really expensive clothes for English riding in the fall for this show season and will be way to big for me next show season...should i go ahead and sell them so i don't loose on them or keep them? but if i don't get cleared for surgery i would need all those things:( what are the chances you get turned down? because that is my biggest fear   and do you often loose inches on your calves Ive tried everything

Thanks Chris
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
Nathalie_Can
on 3/21/12 5:58 am
Hi Chris,

I think there's a word or 2 missing in a sentence and not quite sure exactly what you are asking about the clothes, maybe repost and explain a bit more.

You do lose from EVERYWHERE....lol....in 6 months, I have lost 7inches on my calves and shoe size went from 11 wide to a 10 regular.

Obviously you can not predict if you will be approved or not so that's a toss up that you will unfortunately have to have the patience and wait it out til April.

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

yssirhc
on 3/21/12 6:03 am - Canada
haha thanks i think my fingers got behind my mind :P all fixed :)
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/21/12 6:03 am
Hi there, you said.." if I bought some ...." Can you wait to buy them?

If you meet the BMI requirements I don't see a great chance of being turned down.

yssirhc
on 3/21/12 6:05 am - Canada
im sorry i knew what i wanted to say my fingers didnt follow fixed the wording now

Robin H.
on 3/21/12 6:04 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
i think as long as your BMI is over a certain amount the approval is a breeze I have not heard of ANYONE being denied under the new OHIP system as long as they meet the required BMI 

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/21/12 6:06 am
oh, o.k. that makes more sense. I don't know when you would  have surgery.
I can tell you though in a month you won't fit into your clothes....well, I guess that depends on how big you are , but riding clothes are normally supposed to be tight right?

yssirhc
on 3/21/12 6:08 am - Canada
yes supposed to be and i got a brand made for plus size riders from the UK and is pricey and i dont want to loose money on it because it still has tags and has never seen the ring

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/21/12 6:18 am
What month is the show going to be?
Could you sell them and wear something else? As you said they won't fit you next year.
Would it be better to get more money for them brand new versus used once?

Have you thought of having surgery after the show?

yssirhc
on 3/21/12 6:21 am - Canada
ive accually decided to take this show season off and focus on me. im leasing out my mare to a little girl that works under my coach/trainer so i feel really good about it. So i wouldnt need the clothes at all this year

Most Active
Recent Topics