Pre-Opti daily meal sugestions request

Nikkismom
on 7/1/12 3:40 am - Toronto, Canada
Happy Canada Day!
First, I would like to say how very blessed I feel to live in this wonderful country. I love to travel to places less travelled,  like the mountains in Kenya, but do I ever feel so fortunate to come home where we are safe. God Bless Canada!!!
OK, folks, I am trying to figure out what a day's meal might look like for me pre-Opti. Am I supposed to be eating regular foods, keeping to the daily nutritional requirements  or should I begin eating as I would be after the surgery, like protein shakes etc.
I am not too dense a person but I am just not clear about what my daily menu might look like.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Carol
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 4:21 am - Guelph, Canada
 pre opti you should be following your clinics guidelines... most of them follow the Canada's food guide. 
Hanneli xoxo
on 7/1/12 4:29 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
yeah that is how I am eating, according to the Canadas food guide.

If I ate how a post op eats I would be awlays starving.. and it would be considered a diet!

I do practice post op eating some what by making sure to get lots of protein and eat it first and not to drink with food.

for breakfast I eat a boiled egg on a half of english muffin and a 100gram yogurt.

For lunch a typical meal would be a big salad and a grilled chicken breast only seasoned with seasoning and a peice of fruit or a dole no sugar added fruit cup.

Dinner is similar to lunch...

flyingwoman
on 7/2/12 2:32 am
Pre op good goals are to get used to measuring everything.... Everything you put in a recipe, everything you put on your plate. Journalling what you eat, and getting used to tracking protein ( and understanding your intake of cals, carbs, fats). It is also a good idea to track your level of hunger when you sit down to eat, and your state of mind and body at the time... To understand where emotions play a part.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics