Food Journal

wants2Bfitagain
on 7/3/12 4:54 am
I have to see the NP, DT, SW and Nut class coming up here soon,
When should I start a food journal?
when I went to orientation they never said anything about it or anything in the paper work but I hear ppl mention a food journal

Just want to be prepared so I can have my file sent on
Nikkismom
on 7/3/12 5:35 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi there,
I am going through HRRH and the dietitian there suggested that I go through a program, www.fitbit.com. There you can log all your food and if you give her your password she can see how you're doing. You can also purchase a fitbit. It is a cute little device that you can clip on your bra that records all your activities and automatically updates your profile.
If you are wise, you will have already implemented the diet changes so you can show here when you get there. If you are reasonably computer savvy you will find it easy.
Check it out!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/12 6:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
 I could not get that link to bring up the appropriate web site, could it be Lose it!.
Nikkismom
on 7/3/12 6:48 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Debra
Try typing www.fitbit.com into the address bar at the top. Worked just now for me.
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/12 8:44 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Thanks so much I tried typing it in and got it.
Monica M.
on 7/3/12 5:45 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
no time like the present.

you do an online one, or paper. just remember to record amounts, times, activities and feelings, that sort of thing.

sam1am
on 7/3/12 10:08 am, edited 7/3/12 10:09 am
 I really like    http://www.myfitnesspal.com

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

flyingwoman
on 7/3/12 10:11 am
The earlier the better. It's not mandatory, but it really does help you identify your eating issues, especially if you also journal your mood, your level of hunger, and the reason you chose the food you ate.
Sirene
on 7/3/12 8:33 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I use SparkPeople because its the only one that is not blocked at work.
It has a mobile app too, but its not as good as the regular online version.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go!

Jennifer  

Brenda T.
on 7/3/12 9:37 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I use Spark People too, love that site.  A few years back I lost 33 lbs just using this site, but did gain most of it back because I was losing so slowly that I got discouraged.  But awesome site and full of encouragement.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics