OPTI - St Joe's

starry957
on 8/21/12 6:11 pm
Hi everyone:
The surgeon I had a consult with last week told me that at St Joe's, the requirement is 3weeks on OPTI.  Now, considering what I've been eating, I'm kind of thinking this, alone, could result in a good 10-15 lbs off before surgery.....is this about right? I'd LIKE to be able to lose a good chunk before surgery.....anyone else approach it this way?  how successful were you?

Thanks
Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Hanneli xoxo
on 8/21/12 6:20 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
I am pre op.. but am curious.. is this St. Joes Hamilton or Toronto?

starry957
on 8/21/12 6:22 pm
that's a great question - you know I didn't even know that there were two of them...lol
Anyway, I met with Dr Sullivan at Humber River (Finch site in Toronto), so I'm "assuming" he would work out of the Toronto one.

Hanneli xoxo
on 8/21/12 6:26 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
Yup.. Dr Sullivan, Dr Lloyd and Dr Lindsay are all at St Joes Toronto

gardeninggal
on 8/21/12 6:38 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hi

I am with Dr. David Lindsay whom I met at HRRH too.  He is out of St. Joseph's Hospital in Toronto and I just finished 8 days out of 21 on Opti.  It seems that every centre and physician has different criteria.  For sure you are going to lose on Opti and also considering the starting BMI's.  Best of luck on this journey.

Nancy

starry957
on 8/21/12 6:53 pm
yes, that's what I figure....thanks Nancy!  Is it hard to be on OPTI?  I'm thinking it's going to be tough, especially at work, because people get fast food ALL the time on shift....

crstalww
on 8/30/12 4:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
 Toronto Dr Sullivan is my dr too. What stage are you at? 
starry957
on 8/30/12 8:42 pm
Hi - I see the Social Worker and Dietician and Nurse in the next week....then, I don't know exactly what happens....how about you?

hockeymom17
on 8/21/12 6:57 pm
It usually goes by your weight so if your between 300 -400 lbs (3 weeks) opti, 200-300lbs (2 weeks opti) and so on.  I had Dr. Sullivan, 7 weeks ago today I had my surgery, lost 20 lbs on 3 weeks opti, now down 60 lbs. Cant say enough good things about Dr. Sullivan, his staff , and the staff at St. Joes.  If you follow there advise you will come out good.  Good Luck! Krista
starry957
on 8/21/12 6:59 pm
Thanks Krista!  Glad to see you're doing so well - you must feel great!  Did you have VSG or RNY?

Most Active
Recent Topics