wow..2 1/2 weeks an still in hospital...my life sux

Leafsfan1982
on 9/13/12 3:11 pm - Canada
ulcer not going away..i havent eaten in 2 weeks on iv fluids whole time...another scope tomorrow morning...........:(...boy ohboy if i could turn back time
Kerry F.
on 9/13/12 3:37 pm - Bolton, Canada
I could say a lot of things like 'this too shall pass' and 'try to stay positive' and all that motivating & encouraging stuff.  But I won't.  I'll just say:  You're right - that sucks.  I'm really sorry for what you're going through.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

dna
on 9/13/12 3:43 pm - Canada
Wow.  I am sorry you are going through this.  Seems to be quite a few people having issues right now :(

I hope the scope tomorrow morning finds something and you can start healing !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

slrm2m2
on 9/13/12 3:45 pm - Canada
 Ah, it sounds horrible.  I hope things get better soon.  Don't give yourself a hard time though since hindsight is 20/20.  You had no way of knowing that you would be one of the unlucky ones that had this kind of complication.  
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

tbtilalaf
on 9/13/12 4:28 pm
Yep I am with them, I had a complication two but was only in the hospital for 6 days. and they don't know why.....(threw up blood so got a second surgery to look for leaks but there wasn't any) I was thinking "what did I do to myself! I asked for it!" and of course wishing the clock would go back....but now I am better and starting to feel great, and the weight is slowing coming off so I say yes it will most likley get better just HANG IT THERE! You can do it! and get the prize after all the hell! 

I hope you feel better very soon!!!>>>sending luck!!

Melissa

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Vi-Vi
on 9/13/12 4:56 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 I'm soooo sorry to hear that!  These are the things that scare me!  I'm sending you prayers and positive vibes!
Karen M.
on 9/13/12 5:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Well.  Other than my VERY best wishes, I truly wish that I had something more than "hang in there" to say to you.  Your situation f'ing SUCKS and I am SO sorry to hear about this.  XOXO We care and we're thinking of you.  Keep us posted please.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

gardeninggal
on 9/13/12 6:19 pm - Midland, Canada
I will join in and wish you well and say that it really does suck the big one!  You must be feeling really discouraged, frustrated, angry and resentful to say the least and as well:  I signed up for this - I must be crazy or something.

My husband was in hospital for aortic valve surgery and had to be re-admitted after being home for two days as he developed an infection (that was never really diagnosed) and his sternum was not healing back together.  He had to stay in hospital for 14 days the second time and he got very, despondent and depressed.  Doc says it usually happens around the 10Th day of hospitalization.  Tell them you are struggling emotionally and don't be shy about it either.  The staff are wonderful but they go home after 8 hours or so.  Maybe a few hours out on a pass would help.  Hang in Leafsfan....have they started to play yet? (now that would be depressing to watch lol).....just kidding 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 6:23 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Leafs Fan it must be awful in the hospital two weeks I will send good vibes and pray for you. I can imagine it is one h*ll of a way to lose weight.
Onward and
Downward

on 9/13/12 6:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
I'm sorry, Leafsfan, that really sucks.  I really hope everything starts healing up for you soon.

Good luck.  Keep us updated.  Which hospital are you in?

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics