How Long did you Wait.....

MelissaB26
on 9/18/12 6:21 am - Canada
 I have been on Depo for 4 years now and came off it 2 months before surgery, I am now a month post op, and want to get my depo today when I go to my drs, how long did you wait till you got your birth control?????

thanks!!!
truckingbride
on 9/18/12 6:47 am - Harriston , Canada
I never stopped taking birth control for surgery or any other reason, I have a uterus and 2 ovaries and I dont want to have a baby right now that will likely end up in a dimise due to my caloric intake, just curious why you stopped taking your birth control before surgerym unless of course you are not sexually active....

MelissaB26
on 9/18/12 11:32 am - Canada
On September 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM Pacific Time, truckingbride wrote:
I never stopped taking birth control for surgery or any other reason, I have a uterus and 2 ovaries and I dont want to have a baby right now that will likely end up in a dimise due to my caloric intake, just curious why you stopped taking your birth control before surgerym unless of course you are not sexually active....
 Ohh I'm sexualy active, relationship of 7 years.. lol 
I was told by my internist to stay off it while going for surgery and 1-2 months after, as it can be causes of blood clotting, so I didnt wanna chance anything.. so thats why I came off it, just went and had my shot today... I still even being off it for so long have not had a period!!!
Ohhh and no more babies for my, 2 kids is more then enough lol
Ashley T.
on 9/18/12 7:27 am - London, Canada
RNY on 08/09/12
 at one month the nurse told me I could start taking it again if I wanted to. Just not pill form

lilviolet
on 9/18/12 7:42 am - Canada
I'm still on Depo.  I'm due to have my next shot Oct 2 and it looks like my sugery will be mid November.  No one has said anything about it.
zombiesugar
on 9/18/12 11:53 am
I also came off birth control for surgery (next Monday). No one at any of my appointments at TWH told me to stop birth control for surgery - but I've read about blood clots and decided to stop for a month before and a month after based on advice from my regular doctor.

I was just told not to take oral birth control after surgery because of malabsorption - so I have a prescription for the Nuvaring for after.

Cheers!

Kerigan
on 9/18/12 12:12 pm
 I started Depo mid January, and I had my surgery on December 5. I've had a really hard time with depo though.. January to August has been nothing but spotting, so I went on a pill form for a few months.. Things seem to be okay now though.. I hope it works out okay for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics