having seconds thoughts

karenbean
on 11/4/12 9:11 am

Nov 15 is the  big day but for the first time I am not sure. Should I really do this???? Why second thoughts now, I was so sure this was what I wanted. Help......

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 9:17 am - Canada

You are in charge of your future.....  It's a decision everyone makes for themselves.  Best of luck with this inner struggle, in the end you will make the decision that is right for you.

shrinkingeve
on 11/4/12 9:28 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

Hi Karen

It was nice getting to actually meet you and think it is neat that we had out pre-surgery same day/time and have our surgery same day same surgeon. I can relate to the inner struggle and fear. That is why I put it off myself for so long and tried on my own for so long. As already stated this is something you have to decide and most importantly want 100%. I am sure you will make the choice that is right for you. Fear is natural and to be expected this is a big step and hopefully at this point we know what we are getting into good and or risk of bad. BUT Dr Dent said to me early only it could be canceled at any time so you are not stuck know that. I wish you clarity and peace in your heart to make it through this struggle. 

Evie

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

mermaidz
on 11/4/12 9:37 am - Brampton, Canada

Hmmm.

Where is the struggle coming from?

Are you afraid of? pain? failure? new life? not being able to adapt to the changes? no support? all the changes? natural second thought jitters?

I wish you luck discovering what your struggle within is

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

jen1016
on 11/4/12 9:38 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13
I am just at the beginning of the process, so I can't even begin to imagine what you are feeling and I am sure I will get to the same point as you and wonder. I am sure you will make the right decision, that works for you.

I also posted because I see you ladies are from Ottawa, so I hope when I am two weeks away from getting my surgery you guys will still be around!

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 10:06 am - Straford, Canada

my pouch has given me back my life!  but this is my life.  you must decide on your surgery (or not) for yourself!  good luck!

time2changeme
on 11/4/12 11:26 am

Good luck on making the best decision for YOU Karen!!

I always knew having the surgery was what I needed to do, because of the amount of weight  I need to lose.

I think everyone has those last minute jitters, so maybe that is how your feeling, if not, look deep inside your

heart and I know you will find the answer that is best for you.   Good Luck

Monica M.
on 11/4/12 7:34 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

it's perfectly normal, to have these second thoughts creep into your head as the fateful day approaches.
Make a list of your pros and cons. Reflect on your journey so far, try to remember why you wanted this in the first place.

In the end, like others  have said, you will make the decision that's right for you.

Also (if you do go ahead), expect that "holy crap what did i do to myself" moment after surgery, when you totally regret having done this. Which will go away, when you start feeling a bit more normal.

Hugs.

happypants
on 11/4/12 8:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada

At times I flip flopped like a fish out of water pre op. Its perfectly normal to have these feeling when you are uncertain about the surgery, future, pain of surgery, being put under, the list goes on. To be honest I would be worried if you didn't have second thoughts.

Read some of the NSV people post from time to time or their before and after pictures. I'm sure that most of them at one time or another had second thoughts as well. Don't compare them to you but read how this surgery has changed their lives.

In my case I started off taking tons of blood pressure medication and being pre diabetic. My starting weight was 270 lbs. Today 15 months post op I weight 152 lbs, 118 lbs lost.

As I sit hear and write this I cannot express the gratitude I feel for the gift of this surgery I was given. It truly have saved my life and gave me a second chance.

Good luck with however you decide to proceed. Only you know what is best for you.

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

ToNewBeginnings
on 11/4/12 9:03 pm

Second thoughts are perfectly normal, I think we all have them.

Two years post- op my only regret was not having had this surgery sooner.

Most Active
Recent Topics