?? about pre=op testing

Melissa.M
on 1/8/13 5:15 am - Canada

I'm going for a colonoscopy in February. My Mom has colon cancer right now so it was recommended by her doctor that I go get checked out. Will the WMC accept those results or will I have to have another one done? I'm guessing surgery is still about a year away (if I'm lucky).

Also, I went for a physical and my doctor, at my request, put in referrals for a sleep study and an endoscopy. I didn't think about the abdominal ultrasound at the time. Do you think the Ottawa clinic will accept any/all of these tests or do they generally want them done right on site and/or closer to surgery? I thought I could get my surgery sooner if i can complete the testing sooner, kwim?  It's not a big deal if I have to cancel them...I was just hoping to shave off some waiting time by having my doctor put in the referrals. I probably won't even meet with the nurse until April/May so I figured I might as well use the next few months as trimming down the wait/weight. :P

Input? Opinions?

Referral:Nov 14, 2012~~Orientation:Dec 14~~Nurse:Mar 26~~Abd Ultrsound:Apr 18~~Beh/Nut:May 9, 2013~~Surgery:Dec 12, 2013.

2mar
on 1/8/13 5:28 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Lolabug
on 1/8/13 5:34 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

when I was doing my research (read looking at a lot of older posts) I found out that the sleep study needs to be less than 2 years old. Since mine was way older than that, I got my dr to send me to a sleep clinic. So for that one, I would go. The others I'm not sure about.

Most Active
Recent Topics