Anyone have an endoscope?

Laura H.
on 1/17/13 7:28 am - Canada

I am having one tomorrow and have a couple of questions.  Do I need to leave my jewellery at home and do they make you wear a gown?  Silly questions but ones I am  worrying about.  Thanks.

Laura H.

kerlanny
on 1/17/13 7:46 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

I have never had one before but to be on the safe side I'd leave the jewelry at home.  Better safe than sorry...

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

Kathleen11
on 1/17/13 7:52 am - Burlington, Canada

I took my nose ring out and left all jewelry on.  Had to wear the gown but left my bra, pants and shoes on.  Weird I know but that's what they said to do.

Laura H.
on 1/17/13 8:41 am - Canada

How long were you at the hospital for?  My husband has an errand to run  and we don't know if he should stay with me if I won't be long or if he has time to run the errand.  He will be over an hour.  Thanks.

Laura H.

Arlio1207
on 1/17/13 7:53 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Yes Laura I had one Fri past. I did leave my jewelry home, and yes you undress from the waist up. and put on a gown, Good news, I dont remember a thing, I was knocked out and it was a breeze. No sore throat after either. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

koree
on 1/17/13 8:36 am - Toronto, Canada

I had one done last month and just out of habit I left jewellery at home - they make you wear a gown but can leave pants/bra/shoes on - good luck tomorrow enlightened

Koree
July 13th, 2010 - Orientation at TWH.....  July 29th, 2010 - Bariatric Nurse Appt.....   August 10th, 2010 - Social Worker.....  September 8th, 2010 - Nutrition Class & Dietitian Appts.....  September 13th, 2010 - Psychologist.....  September 23rd, 2010 - Dietitian and Social Worker meeting with Hubby.....  October 12th, 2010 - Follow up with Social Worker.....  November 5th, 2010 - Met Surgeon - Teodor Grantcharov....  January 7th, 2011 - PATS.....   January 20th, 2011 - SURGERY!! 
Got me an Angel - Leanne1

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/13 8:55 am - Canada

I had one done, just took off my necklace.    My appointment was on time and as long as your ride is there to sign you out (they don't release you on your own).... My hubby went to Timmi's and came back within the hour.

The scope only takes about 5-10 min ... then you need to stay for 30 min until you are not so "impaired"  the shot they give you makes you feel like you've had a few drinks :-)

Kathleen11
on 1/17/13 8:56 am - Burlington, Canada

About an hour. The sedation didn't work on me.

GirlSassy
on 1/17/13 10:16 am - Kingston, Canada

I thought an endoscope was the same as a colonoscopy? If so, then you wear a gown, no undies.

I had an upper GI scope and a colonoscopy and they did the upper first, gave me a sedative, and I dosed off as they were putting a tube in my mouth. Woke up half way through the colonoscopy, which didn't hurt but was very uncomfortable at times. I got to watch on the TV where the camera was. It was not exciting. I always want to look.  I was sedated, and couldn't drive and was VERY gassy. But my bf waited over an hour, and I needed to wait to see the doctor after to be told they found nothing.

I had to take a barium drink for 2 days before and no food. THAT was awful!

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

mermaidz
on 1/17/13 12:11 pm - Brampton, Canada

OH MY GAWD lmao.. 

A colonoscopy is when they insert a scope up your anus into your large intestine.

An endoscopy is when they insert a scope into your mouth down into your stomach

Leave jewellery at home just to be safe.

And no you won't remember it hopefully

Ya might be an hour or two.. More likely two..

good luck sweet pea!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics