SERIOUSLY!!??

starry957
on 4/6/13 5:39 am
Okay - I'm sure most are pretty sick of this topic (from me..lol). Does anyone else out there have CONTINUED constipation issues (almost) 3 months out. No, it's not my water intake, and, no, fibre won't help what is not moving. The only thing that did work was when I was taking Restoralax daily, however, it also made me feel really "weird" every afternoon - like low blood sugar symptoms?/anxious? just weird, AND my doctor told me to go off it?? I have been drinking smooth move tea, every night/ever other night.
In the last 3 days - I've take FIVE doses of Milk of Mag, had 2 smooth moves, and one stool softener.
My doctor had prescribed Resotran - took it one night - (TMI warning), and had the "opposite" problem 6 times in a row, then suffered cramping, dizziness and headache (every side effect listed)

HELP!??!?!? Is it going to be like this for a long time?? And, it has now been 3 days - and NOTHING at all, even with all of the above I've taken..

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/13 5:48 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I still have the problem but I think mine is from too many pain killers Tylenol#3's

Laura H.
on 4/6/13 6:51 am - Canada

I had problems until just recently.  I am 7 months out.  Nothing helped me either.  I don't what changed but at about 6 months out it got a little easier (so to speak).  Hang in there this too shall pass.  LOL!  I  know, not funny but I couldn't help myself.

Laura H.

starry957
on 4/6/13 6:56 am
Ha ha! Well, it's good to hear that there is at least a possibility that it will improve...I can't imagine continuing to have to worry about "getting" things outta there!!

Nathalie_Can
on 4/6/13 8:17 am

After 19 months I still have chrnic constipation if I don't take Restorolax daily...its part of my daily routine now

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

starry957
on 4/6/13 10:38 am
Is your doctor ok with this? I thought we weren't "supposed" to take things for too long? Also, I felt weird on it, even though it was working....

LORICARD
on 4/6/13 8:43 am - Canada

have you tried apple sauce, i know it sounds simple but it works for me

starry957
on 4/6/13 10:39 am
just don't know if I want to or should commit to that many carbs every day....kind of changes the whole menu landscape you know? It's a hard call...

LORICARD
on 4/7/13 8:03 am - Canada

they gave me apple sauce at the hospital so i guess that's why i use it, i guess everywhere is different Motts has a sf version and the carb are quite low, hope you feel better soon

2mar
on 4/6/13 11:06 am
RNY on 09/20/12

I just started to work with the dietician for the same problem. I am 6 months out - terrible constipation. Phone your NUT and work it out together. I'm doing it. I do not want to stay on 4 different types of laxatives for the rest of my life... LOL

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Most Active
Recent Topics