new us shopping list

LORICARD
on 8/14/13 2:25 am - Canada

hey everyone, just looking for an updated shopping list for the states, the ones i've been finding are 2012 and before. any of your must haves would be greatly appreciated

Mary A.
on 8/14/13 2:55 am

as in what??? food??? are post-op or pre-op

I had written someone privately yesterday and told them don't go overboard on the SF products...don;t go out and buy SF syrup/jam/etc etc etc..unless you are someone that uses tons of these items..I threw out almost all of mine..even the SF barbecue sauce..I made burgers with it and the burgers fell apart..I now use just plain old Bulls Eye barbecue sauce and figure that if I am putting 2-3 tablespoons into 1-2lbs of hamburger I can handle the sugar content.

If you are referring to supplements etc..I would suggest that you stock up on Zone Perfect bars..they are delicious low in sugar and have up to 12g/protein per bar depending on the variety....they are MUCH MUCH cheaper in the USA  that is my only must have from the USA..if I lived closer I would be buying yogurt also, their greek yogurt has amazing varities...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

LORICARD
on 8/14/13 2:57 am - Canada

i'm post op just looking for foods ect that we can't get here

Mary A.
on 8/14/13 4:00 am
On August 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM Pacific Time, LORICARD wrote:

i'm post op just looking for foods ect that we can't get here

cool, like I said other than protein bars, cheaper cheese strings and greek yogurt...I don't shop for anything in particular, even after 5+ years post-op...will be interesting to see what other have to say..maybe I will pick up some ideas I haven't thought of for a long time..

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Hanneli xoxo
on 8/14/13 3:07 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Chobani greek yogurt!

newpossibilities
on 8/14/13 2:08 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
Here is a list I copied down a while back. I am pre-op and haven't used this for shopping. I just thought it might be handy to know about some items that might be avaiable post surgery.

ocean spray singles
four seasons Italian dressing mix (like east side marios dressing!)
kraft cheese slices - pepper jack especially
russel stover toffee squares sugar free - big bags!
Sargento cheese sticks (like cheese strings but REAL cheese)
dried edamame ( cheapest at costco)
fuze slenderize or sobe ligh****er
naked nuggets
sugar free Hershey syrup
sugar free log cabin syrup
sugar free drink mix (margarita is GREAT)
high protein/low carb tortillas
dreamfields pasta (gotta go to a good grocery store for this)
anything from trader joes
heinz fat free gravy
Sugar Free Pudding
Sugar Free oreos
Yoplait Fat Free key lime pie yogurt
Arnolds Sandwich thins -whole wheat- 5 grams of protein, 100 calories
Crystal Light
SF Quik chocolate

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

Most Active
Recent Topics