Newbie from Georgetown

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/1/13 3:21 am - Georgetown, Canada

Hello,  I have been lurking for a while and glad how busy this forum is!

I have done previous diets in the past and finally bite the bullet and ask my doctor about gastric.  I originally had the date of the 28th of November but I got a call last night saying that she needed to reschedule.  So now that date has been bumped to next Tuesday.  I hoping that is a good sign. 

I have had 4 friends in various stages now of GBS and they have been a wealth of info for me.  But the issue is they are all spread across ON so I am glad for the electronic age.

Thanks for the ear and I hoping to make a few acquaintences that have the same story to tell.

Katie M.
on 11/1/13 4:25 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13
Hey, I'm from Georgetown too!! I just had surgery two weeks ago so I'm a new post-op but I can definitely answer any questions about the stages before/right after surgery and help provide support too Welcome to the boards!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

hibbyangel
on 11/1/13 6:34 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

congrats on the date! :) You will be awesome! Not long now.

Zizzler
on 11/1/13 6:48 am
Welcome and congratulations on your date being bumped up!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

TammyS74
on 11/1/13 11:27 am - Canada

congrats on your date!  We have a mthly support group meeting in Brampton if that's not too far we would love to have you!

Kimmiekat
on 11/1/13 11:44 am
Hey, I'm from G'town too! Also haven't posted yet and I'm still going through the stages. I've had the orientation, nurse practitioner, nutrition class, sleep test, nutritionist, 2nd sleep study and psychiatrist next week. It's been a long process, started this past February, but the end is getting close. This forum has been very informative. Good luck!
Katie M.
on 11/1/13 12:38 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Once you get the psychiatrist appt done you're almost there - things moved really quickly for me after that appointment :) 

Who knew there were so many G'towners here, thought I was the only one!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/1/13 12:28 pm - Georgetown, Canada
Thank you to all the locals Looking forward to being a fly on the wall at the Brampton meeting.
Kimmiekat
on 11/2/13 2:11 am

There does seem to be many locals. I met another local woman at the nutrition class also. Glad that I'm finally in the home stretch. It has felt like a long process, but it actually has gone faster than I expected!

Most Active
Recent Topics