A lot to lose, but what to save???

19star71
on 5/16/14 5:27 am

I've lost just over 60 pounds and the clothes are finally starting to get too big. While packing up stuff to go to charity, I debating keeping one pair of jeans for future comparison.

It made me wonder if other people have done the same or wished they had. Did you save anything else???

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/16/14 5:47 am - Windsor, Canada

Biggest shirt and pants for fathead days. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

NorthernStar
on 5/16/14 7:35 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I didn't save any of that stuff. At that time, I just wanted it gone so it could not be a "fallback." I was never going to need that stuff again. Now, I kinda wish I had saved my biggest pair of pants. I never wanted to take those pictures where people stand in a single leg of their old pants but I wish I had something to measure my true size.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/16/14 7:41 am - Ottawa, Canada

I saved my biggest pair of jeans plus a jean skirt.  Huge. Size 30. Now I'm a size 8 to 10. Will dig them out at some point, but haven't done it yet. Also, if I ever get off track, pulling those suckers out ASAP!

DD

Laurie C.
on 5/16/14 8:21 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I saved my outfit I wore to the hospital, I bought it at that store that I can't shop in anymore.  Pennington's.

blouse and capris

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

KerryF.
on 5/16/14 9:00 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

LOL @ "at that store"  tooo funny  the Penningtons I used to shop in is next door in the same plaza as the Value Village.... I joked with my husband last week with my 18th bag of clothes taken to Value Village that I have basically just moved product next door. 

I also kept my biggest pair of pants and the pajamas I had my night before surgery pictures in.  size 28 pants 7 months ago... today I'm wearing size 16 which is too big now too and I'm looking this weekend for some 14's 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

amerbert
on 5/16/14 9:18 pm

I will be soooo glad when I no longer have to support Pennington's! I'm glad that they were there for me through the years, but DAMN...I can't wait to shop and have a choice as to what I WANT to wear and not just whatever fits!

highlandbear
on 5/16/14 9:14 am - Canada

I kept my sweat shirts and T shirts. After 4 years I have finally did away with the sweat shirts but I still have some of the T shirts and I do wear them. Some I use for night shirts. I find them comfortable.

19star71
on 5/16/14 9:17 am

Thanks ladies!

I am now sorting through my delicates. To throw out, not give to charity lol

Was thinking of saving a bra, but figured that may only depress me in the future ;)

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Karenkee
on 5/17/14 1:03 pm - Canada

Congrats to all you ladies on your weight loss.  Its not always an easy journey. Right now I am at st. Joes in Hamilton - had my gastric bypass on Friday. Looking forward to going thru my closet and getting rid of my clothes - and shopping for new smaller sizes.

Orientation-June 17/13, Dietician Feb 12/14, Social Work Feb 18/14, Internest Mar 3/14-Start weight 261

Most Active
Recent Topics