Opti Pudding me arse...

Urbanlamb
on 8/1/14 9:16 am - Canada

So I've heard that some people enjoy the Opti in pudding form...whizzing it in a small blender with just a little water.

Ummm...gag.  Tried it the first time tonight, and it's akin to eating wallpaper paste. 

Am I missing something?  Did I do something wrong?

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Zizzler
on 8/1/14 9:49 am

It is not exactly like pudding but I enjoy the more solid feeling of eating something that is not liquid.  Try adding a little more liquid if it is too thick and some flavouring will help too.  I was a little disappointed at first too but it is filling.  added banana flavour and it helped. 

Urbanlamb
on 8/1/14 10:20 am - Canada

Thanks Zizz!  I'll give it another try tmrw...it WAS rather dense.

How are you doing?  Hanging in there?  

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

Zizzler
on 8/1/14 11:07 am

It is going ok but I am a little concerned about my first weekend on opti at home.  I need to keep busy!  TV has way too many food commercials!!!

Urbanlamb
on 8/1/14 12:43 pm - Canada
On August 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, Zizzler wrote:

It is going ok but I am a little concerned about my first weekend on opti at home.  I need to keep busy!  TV has way too many food commercials!!!

I know...trying not to lick the tv screen.

Zizzler
on 8/2/14 9:58 am

Ha ha!!  I have been muting commercials so that I do not see them but every once in a while one sneaks in.  If I see that commercial for Wendy's pretzel bun burger one more time I will lose it!

kimber291
on 8/1/14 10:42 am, edited 8/1/14 10:43 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

OMG I tried that when I was on it and it was terrible. Once was enough for me, there was no fixing that lol. 

Good luck!

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

LalahRose
on 8/1/14 10:50 am - Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

No, Urbanlamb, you are not missing anything!

This stuff tastes terrible whether mixed thick or thin consistency. Having it in thick form...at least allows you to tolerate the taste in one shot, when you mix two together.

It tastes awful, but remember that it's temporary. Hang in there! 

Wesley T.
on 8/1/14 1:07 pm - Canada

Can you put like some spice like cinnamon and or a packet of splenda to 'jazz' it up? Hopefully my Optifast time.....will be coming soon...... I couldn't help but laugh, my Cousin is doing a cleanse with her Husband and she said already on day two of drinking vinegar cider, greens etc.... that food commercials is driving her absolutely insane. 

Zizzler
on 8/2/14 10:00 am

Favourings do help a lot in m opinion - decaf coffee I have found the most helpful.  Chai also works really well to mask the taste. 

Most Active
Recent Topics