11 weeks post op!

Linsie
on 8/13/14 9:55 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Well, i'm just under the 3 month mark - can't wait to have raw veggies...just sayin (that comes at 3 months). I just got back from a Caribbean cruise, and although the bbq was emotionally painful to avoid, I had no shortage of food that I could eat so that was good. I am finding it tough to slow down while eating since my food gets cold fast and I like eating it hot - at work the microwave is pretty far lol. Things are going well though, I'm finally getting all my required liquids in (really did take this long...I know). From my surgery date (May 22nd), I am down about 52lbs. From a size 26-28 to a 20. I am shopping at Value Village frequently for clothes since I can't justify spending heaps of cash on something to fit me for a few weeks.  Groceries literally cost me $20 a week and that's basically fruit and yogurt - my meats and other things I freeze last forever so they aren't purchased weekly. I'm saving money and looking good while doing it! I'm having issues posting a profile picture since they're all too large - but in my album I do have a picture of me from last week, as well as a before picture if you like to check them out. I feel fantastic. I feel me....like I did before surgery - can eat pretty much what I want (I never ate much sweets or stuff prior so it's not a big adjustment for me), but I can eat my sammich, or chicken breast/turkey burger, fruit, yogurt...all that I ate prior to surgery as well so I feel back to normal, just eating more often and super small portions.

Anyway, just wanted to brag that I finally feel good and notice results. I notice in regards to clothing and how it fits...but looking in the mirror, I feel I look pretty much the same. I am a gym kinda gal though too, it's like a spa, I go swim a few days a week and attempt to get ahead of the loose skin issue by lifting weights once or twice a week, just incase it decides to do something for the skin.

crqvingchange
on 8/13/14 10:38 pm

It sounds like you have some really good routines, and it shows with the 52lb loss, well done.

Linsie
on 8/13/14 11:13 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Thank you so much! It's tough but I think i've passed the difficult stage and now it's all based on maintaining this way of living. I seriously can't wait for my raw vegetables, they don't get cold like other food :)

Soon_to_Shrink
on 8/13/14 11:46 pm

I'm 4 weeks out and also shopping at value Village.  They have 50% off summer stuff now which is great cause most of the stuff in my closet is too big.  I never thought I'd be annoyed and finding the perfect blouse or shorts and realizing it's only going to fit a few weeks!

keep up the good work.

Linsie
on 8/14/14 12:12 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Ha ha I totally understand!! Although with the weather the way it's been....I should have bought winter clothes! I put on my winter jacket that was pretty snug last winter, it's miles too big now but I don't want to shop too early for that since it won't fit by the time winter comes...such a dilemma, but Value Village is where it's at!

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hello almost surgery twin!  Glad to hear you are doing well..especially after your rocky start.  

I got the okay to start slowly venturing into raw veggies...so far cucumber and tomato have been okay.  The nutritionist suggested to try things like shredded broccoli salad..and if doing lettuce salads to chew and chew, and grate or shred stuff like carrots...as they can be hard to digest at first.   (Have not tried lettuce yet...)

Good to hear you are finding some new clothes at VV...I still think of you having to roll down the top of your skirt..lol...

Great pic of you by the way!

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Linsie
on 8/16/14 6:40 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Lol I went through my closet today and have 7 bags for the Village to donate! I realized that I have no pants and no jackets...it's depressing but in a good way. We should go on a VV date!

Most Active
Recent Topics