Protein Supplement Suggestions for post-op

Laurie_L
on 10/28/14 9:59 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

Hi All,

I'm counting down, getting ready for the big day and afterwards.  I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the protein shakes they used for the stage 2 full fluid diet & going forward and also where to buy.

Thanks in advance!

Laurie

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

crqvingchange
on 10/28/14 7:27 pm

The Low Carb Grocery in Toronto has a variety of protein shakes.  I tried  the Cappuccino and the Fuzzy Navel from Syntrax Nectar, I liked the first although I did add decaf coffee crystals to it, the second I grew to loath. I now drink Chike iced coffee and get it from the states, you have to email the company with your phone number and they will call you back.  I hear that GNC will give samples so you can decide what you like before buying.  Don't decide until after surgery because your tastes will change.

Karen M.
on 10/29/14 3:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

The best one I have found most recently is the Premier protein shakes (bought at Costco) with 30g protein. I also enjoy the Chike protein iced coffee (from the US, purchased online). There are many really good quality shakes out there but the one that you like is very individual and your tastes may change post-op as well.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie_L
on 10/29/14 5:15 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

Thank you for your replies. 

I heard taste may change.  I think at this point its just preparing myself as I wont be able to go shopping for at least a week I'm assuming?  I'll be drinking shakes on day 3 so I'd like to have a couple of things in my cupboards.

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

EllenMW
on 10/29/14 7:27 am

the one most recommended is the premier protein shake from costco...they are low in sugar and fat but have 30gr of protein per shake and they taste just like chocolate milk

Mary A.
on 11/4/14 9:41 pm

What I wouldn't suggest is that you go out and buy any protein supplement by a large portion, it takes some serious getting used to and not all flavours, brands etc will appeal to one person as they would another, it's like buying a pair of shoes.

I had my bariatric surgery 5 1/2 yrs ago and I still use on occasion ISOPRO Unflavoured low carb from GNC, I then add 1 tablespoon orange juice a small banana and 3 ice cubes. 

I also pour it into a travel mug with a lid, because for me (1/2) of the challenge was not smelling it while I drank it.

You can also buy unflavoured protein and add your own preference of sugar free syrup, that sometimes makes things taste a bit better.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics