Marathon Run

highlandbear
on 11/3/14 5:04 am - Canada

Yesterday I did my 3rd Marathon run. I am happy to say that I crossed the finish line running in and you would have no idea that I was hurt. I was on a goal for a personal best and it was there until the 35k mark where my knee went.  The problem is when the knee goes it will not allow me to walk on it but once I can get it going I can run on it. I can run 7k non stop but not after running 35k. I am so thankful to my one friend who came out to run the last 6 with me and when I got closer to the finish line one of my trainers was out there never thought she be there and said lets get you to the finish line. You have done it before with the knee gone you can do it again. This was at the last 2k mark so we took it real slow and when I saw the finish I gave it my all and crossed. The medical guys who knew I was out there hurt had the ice ready right at the line put ice on it and wrapped it and got me to the medical tent. One of the medical guys is a friend of mine and he is trying to get me in to see one of his partners for Thursday to see what is going on with the knee. I was pretty upset and angry during the run that I was not making my personal best but I have had time to think how easy it would have been to say I am done but I never gave in even when the wanted to bring the wagon out for me I would not allow it. Does the time really matter no it is about crossing the line and there is always next year for a personal best. If you ever do a marathon running is just a part of it. The other part is the mental part of it. If you do not stay strong mentally in a Marathon than you are in trouble. I will do it again next year as long as I know that knee will let me. If not 1/2 will have to do

Patm
on 11/3/14 7:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You are one tough lady. Finishing with that much wrong is amazing. I hope they can help you

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 8:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Huge congrats on your awesome finish despite your injury!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 11/3/14 8:22 am - Canada

Thanks just prove to myself what I am made of

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 8:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

I've already called you a "tough old (haha, not old) broad"!

Karen

highlandbear
on 11/3/14 10:20 am - Canada

Right now I feel very very old. I can not even get shoes on and the knee is still being iced to bring swelling down.  I need head examine because I will do it again 

Karen M.
on 11/3/14 10:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Of course you will. That isn't even a possible doubt.

Karen

ChristineV
on 11/3/14 8:58 am

Congratulations on finishing your marathon!  I love your positive attitude.  

birdiegirl
on 11/3/14 6:02 pm

Amazing Barb - big congrats!

Needanewbeginning
on 11/3/14 9:16 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!! Good for you to plug through it, I don't know where you got the strength but you did it! 

Fantastic! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics