What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 12/18/14 6:30 pm

Good morning everyone.  I was up at 4:00 this morning, but do feel rested.  Today is going to be busy again.  I think I might do 3 Aquafit classes in a row this morning, which I did once before, but for some reason I want to get in lots of exercise this morning because on the weekend it will be mostly chores.  We have a workman coming out to the house at 3:00 so things are progressing.

Yesterday my doctor called me on my cell phone to tell me that my Vitamin A numbers are very low and I need to increase my supplementation from a multi-vitamin plus a vitamin A pill.  The only pills I found at the store Vitamin A 10,000 iu in softgel form.  Do we absorb from softgels?  I bit into the pill I had yesterday, and let me tell you that softgel is not so soft, more like hard like a rock.  Today I am going to have BEEF (don't tell Guelph), I am tired of chasing iron numbers, so 1 month early I am going to start incorporating beef into my diet, also sweet potato and mango which should help with the Vitamin A.

5 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming, maybe a protein bar between the swimming classes

S. Probably won't have time for one

L. Beef brisket in a little gravy to help it go down, sweet potato and egg concoction that I picked up at the local grocery store (that should help my numbers)

S. Eggnog protein shake (haven't tried this yet, but that should also help me numbers)

D. Maybe some beef chili

S. Mango and some Simply Whey sweet chili protein chips

Have a great day everyone

Karen M.
on 12/18/14 6:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Glad to hear you slept 'til 4 at least - it sucks when our body clocks go a little haywire! With respect to your low A - how many multis are you taking each day? 2? I think the pills you mentioned, aside from being gel and kind of hard to digest, is likely oil-based and therefore not well absorbed by RNY patients. I have never had to supplement additional A so unfortunately I don't have a suggestion on brand etc., I only know that it is best to take a dry formulation (not in oil) - I guess ask your pharmacist?

Off to work for the morning and then I'm off for 2 weeks due to the holidays. Return to work plans don't usually work this way and I'm a little concerned that being off for 2 weeks may seem like starting all over again on January 5th, but oh well! lol Have a few errands to run after work and have to make homemade cranberry sauce for our pub dinner tomorrow. Not sure what else! Oh! When I arrived at work on Wednesday I had a Christmas bag on my desk overflowing with "treats" - candy, chocolates, cookies, granola bars (all the stuff on the naughty list lol) - from one of the City Councillors. Very thoughtful of her to provide me with an instant stocking-stuffer-type-gift for my son. LOL

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - PC Probiotic/Greek yogurt (very tasty), 2 halos

L - will be a little late due to being out - leftover peameal bacon, 1 scrambled egg, sliced tomato

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - homemade cracker-thin-crust pizza loaded up with cheese and toppings (2 small pieces), a few bites of Caesar salad

S - not sure yet

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 12/18/14 11:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. One of those mornings I just could not get moving. Then I remembered I had arranged for Purolator to show up sometime today after 9:00am so got myself in gear. Of course I managed to miss my streetcar stop while reading. Fortunately I was only 15 minutes late and they had not shown up. Now having computer problems. Some days are just like that.

cc have fun in your aqua fit classes. Three is certainly ambitious. I am curious which multi you are taking? 

Of course with the extra walking I did I do not have my fitit on so will look like I did not walk at all. So glad today is Friday even though we have a busy weekend planned.

b Pure Protein shake, banana

l chili, carrots hummus

s grapes

d short ribs, salad,

s glass of wine

cal 1191, carb 133.7, prot 85

crqvingchange
on 12/19/14 2:41 am

Hi Pat and Karen.  My centre wants us to take a maternity multi-vitamin, so I take Materna.  It's a little embarrassing when I buy them at the grocery store and I run into a neighbour, at 58 there certainly would be some gossip.  I also now take a softgel Vitamin A 10,000 IU.  After going to 3 stores, I don't think they sell Vitamin A in any form other than softgel.  I take a Feramax Iron 150 per day, a B12 sublingual and a couple of chewable Vitamin D.  My B12, D, Iron and now A have scored low on bloodwork.  Going against Guelph's recommendations, I have started eating beef today one month earlier than recommended, so far not issues.

I only ended up doing 2 swimming classes and opted to get the car oil-sprayed instead of the 3rd.  Karen I hope you are celebrating the beginning of your holiday. 

Patm
on 12/19/14 3:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

TWH has us taking centrum 50+. Maybe se which has more vitamin A. I can't image why you would need a maternity one.

pegawatt
on 12/19/14 5:11 am - Canada

WENT to a nut class 2 months ago at TWH and they want us to have 2 prenatal Vits every day

Patm
on 12/19/14 5:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I guess they have changed things since I was there 3 years ago. Since I already am using the centrum and my labs are good guess I will just stay with them

Zizzler
on 12/20/14 12:51 am

Well the prenatals do have a lot of iron, mine has 27g per pill in fact.  I started taking them because they were the only multivitamin that had high iron at Costco. I am out of Ottawa and was told they have too much folic acid in them to be the best choice for me.  Funny how centres give conflicting advice eh - makes me feel like a guinea pig sometimes. Obviously they are trying out different things and then noting the results.  Rather than wasting the rest of the bottle they recommended finishing the bottle of prenatal vitamins but to switch to something else in the future. So I don't think there is any harm or they would have told me to stop right away. Here is the link if you would like to look at the stats for the Kirkland brand:

http://www.costco.ca/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-Prenatal-Mu ltivitamin.product.100097099.html

Blueiiis
on 12/19/14 11:49 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Please tell me more about the eggnog protein shake! Sounds good!!

crqvingchange
on 12/20/14 12:44 am

It was good, I just added unflavoured whey protein to the homemade sugar free eggnog (see today's thread for two recipes on making the eggnog)

Most Active
Recent Topics