What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

kellybelly333
on 1/19/15 9:06 pm - Toronto, Canada

It's mostly about me, and the importance of exercise after wls.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/19/15 9:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good luck with your talk tomorrow, Kelly. I'm sure you'll be great!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 1/19/15 8:30 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Kelly, I'm sure your talk at TWH will go off beautifully - don't stress! Your devilled eggs sound absolutely delish.... but knowing myself, I don't think I could get past the colour. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 1/19/15 9:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Karen. mum pretty popen with my story, just hope I don't bore anyone lol

ross had an egg this morning, dust want more. If I close my eyes it's fine! Lesson learned. Eat the day of!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 1/19/15 7:44 pm

RNY  5 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

Cool here today.  Spending the morning studying - meetings followed by bocce this afternoon.  Out to Chipotle tonight for dinner.  Their website is great for figuring out the stats on their food.

STEPS - 9780

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 2 oz chicken kiev

L - 2 large ham and pickle roll ups

D - 1.5 cups of a burrito bowl made with barbacoa - black beans - rice - cheese - hot salsa - veggies

S - Greek yogurt with 1 TB of granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,178,  Carbs - 76 Grams,  Fat - 46 Grams,  Protein - 125 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 1/19/15 8:35 pm

Good morning everyone.   Karen and Kelly thank you for the shout out, love you guys. Kelly enjoy your celebrity run, Karen getting to bed earlier can be difficult when you just wanted to look up something quickly on the internet and end up Web surfing for 3 hours. Libra I hope it is warmer for you today.

I had a great night and only woke up once, had my pain meds, went back to sleep for 4 1/2 hours straight. This morning I have a cat scan scheduled and an occupational therapist is coming to see me. Physio of course, yesterday I did, 10 steps with my super duper walker, i've so got this.

Once again not quite sure of my eats today. Problem is you fill out your menu selections 2 days in advance and I can never remember what I filled out, plus they sub alot and I get little notes saying they have modified my selections. 

Have a great day everyone and do fun things.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/19/15 9:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Glad you're on the mend, CC. There's nothing worse than pain! Good luck.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 1/19/15 9:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Mmm, I love Chipotle!

Patm
on 1/19/15 10:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You always expect Florida to be warm. I do not know where you are but noticed Tampa is 15. It is still better than -11

Onward and
Downward

on 1/19/15 9:44 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Karen and everyone! Karen, enjoy the tech support time with the parents. Always quality time. LOL!

Today is my first day back to work after a long weekend (Friday and Monday off). I'm happy because I can sit upright now. Typing still isn't a whole lot of fun since I still have numbness and a bit of an ache in my right hand, but we'll see how it goes. I seem to be tolerating it to some degree if my wrists are at just the right angle. Yesterday I forgot to wear my FitBit - left it on the charger. Oh well. I didn't get a whole lot of walking in anyhow so I likely wouldn't have broken 10,000 steps in any case.

I have a lot to do today at work, and I'm kind of feeling raring to go. My current job upgrade ends at the end of this month and I have a lot of wrapping up to do before going back to my home position. Even though the home position pays a lot less, I'm actually not heartbroken about going back to it (although of course I'd have taken an extension on the current position and paycheque!). The reason is because I can do the work in my home position in my sleep. Absolutely no stress, I don't take the work home with me, and it's a more active job too - more getting up and down and moving, and I handle a lot of shipping orders in the course of the work too, so that's lots of packaging and moving around. My current temporary position is very much sit-in-the-chair-and-write-all-day. Would have been great before surgery, but I have a lot more energy to expend these days!

The other thing I'm looking forward to is the weather warming up in the spring so I can start biking to work again. I know I can now too, but I am just too wimpy to do the cold.  Heck, I'm cold all the time INSIDE.  That's another good thing about going back to my old position. In my current one where I have to settle down to write all day long, I found that when I biked to work during the summer, my adrenaline would be pumping and then I couldn't settle down and concentrate on long bouts of writing. My home position job on the other hand is very task-oriented, more active, lots of different things to do, lots of multi-tasking. So the energy I get from biking works nicely with it.

Today: lots of writing. Hoping to get a couple of walks in during breaks. Nothing tonight so far. Maybe I'll try doing some painting if I'm in the mood.

2 YEARS POST-RNY

B - Fried egg with melted cheese slice on multigrain toast

S - Vanilla protein shake

L - The last two leftover zucchini boats with Italian sausage - looks like hubby didn't eat them for supper last night. Score!

S - 1/2 cup of ricotta/vanilla/splenda topped with 1/2 oz slivered almonds and 1/2 cup raspberries

D - Hmm. Good question. Something with two hot Italian sausages that I really need to use up today since they've been thawed in the fridge for a couple of days. I'll figure something out.

S - Not sure yet. Will try to be healthy!

Have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics