What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

new_me180
on 2/25/15 8:58 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning everyone. Glad to see you're in good spirits going of to work Tanya, lol. Did i mention how cold i am. I have PT this morning but, i don't think i'll make it in. Darn knee hurts too much today. I also find myself second guessing my food lately, e.g. how much i eat. I know i'm not eating much and within normal range. I constantly have to weigh and re-weigh to make sure i have the right amount and not eating too much. I think the problem is i just back into a routine after not eating 'enough' for so long, i always think i'm over eating. These head games are crazy. Hope i can get round them.

16 months post op

B - egg banana pancake with protein powder

L - 2 oz chicken breast, 1/3 cup mushrooms and broccoli

S - old fort cheese and cucumbers

D - mackerel, baby spinach

S - 1 oz chicken, 6 almonds, cappuccino

W/V - all in

Totals: 664 calories, carbs 26, fats 31, protein 74. As usual will try and fit another snack somewhere to come into the 700's. Easier said than done, lol.

Have a good day all and stay warm, Nia

Zizzler
on 2/25/15 9:01 pm

Just work and snow shovelling tonight.  Got my blood results back and I still have high triglycerides.  Anyone else have this?  I was told it could cause pancreatitis?  Any advice welcome.

6 months post-op

b - premier protein shake, xl decaf coffee, later... simply protein bar

L - chicken barbacoa in spicy marinara sauce with lf cheddar cheese, later...cheese sting, sf fruit punch

D - soybean spaghetti with cabbage beef stew on top, parmesan cheese, later...handful of nuts

all vits and water

Karen M.
on 2/26/15 4:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Unfortunately, I don't know about high triglycerides, sorry.  I'm assuming they've made suggestions on how best to deal with the results?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 2/26/15 4:34 am

They just told me to see my family doctor, that's all.  I have had high trigs for many years, they told me losing weight should help but it has not so far.

libra1
on 2/25/15 9:33 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning … today’s menu is the same as yesterday's---

B- Oatmeal, cinnamon and ground flax                                  

Snack-Skinny Flat White

L-Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes

D-Chicken breast and tomato salad

Snack- Greek Yogurt

Cal-700, Carbs-41, Fat-20, Protein-84, Sugar-20, Chol-112

crqvingchange
on 2/25/15 10:18 pm

Good morning everyone.  Karen, Andrew is being playful and making your lunch, I can't wait to hear what he put in your lunchbox.  Tracey and Barb, it's nice to now that I'm not the only caffeine fiend.   NewMe, why not try adding a protein drink to your menu, that's a quick way to get your calories up, and you don't have to drink it all at once.  Tanya have a good workout at the gym. 

Today the physiotherapist is coming to the house and I am hoping she will give me the go ahead to drive.  Warm pool here I come baby, have you missed me?  A friend is coming to take me out for lunch later and I have to pickup a package at the post office with her.  Not sure what it is, but it is one of the many things I bought online the first week I was home from the hospital (my week of shopping shame).

7 months post op 

B. Lots of decaf coffee with SF Irish Cream syrup added

S. Rosemary ham rollup

L. Not sure, but I'm hoping for sashimi

S. More decaf coffee

D. Shepherd's Pie with ground beef and kale, and a few teaspoons of purple potato on top (someone else made this)

S. Fiber Gourmet crackers with turkey pepperoni and a little mozzarella, large cup of decaf tea

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 2/26/15 4:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

He was pretty spot-on with the  lunch kit, actually. Greek yogurt, grapes (I counted exactly 10, which is hilarious because I know damn well he must have counted them out), crustless quiche, 2 ham/pickle/cheese roll-ups cut into bite-sized pieces (bite-sized pieces!) and, because apparently I am not sweet enough, a piece of shortbread that I will be taking back home and putting back into the tin.  Perhaps it will find its way back into my lunch tomorrow. lol

I'm interested to know what you got in the mail - you went on quite an online shopping frenzy that first week you were home from the hospital. LOL

Karen

NewMe2.0
on 2/26/15 4:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Okay..your Andrew is definitely a keeper.  And it seems you have him trained well!

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Karen M.
on 2/26/15 5:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

He followed me home, can I keep him?  

Karen

crqvingchange
on 2/26/15 5:50 am

I suspect there is some sort of love potion in those shortbread cookies. Has Andrew tried any of the savoury shortbreads like Asiago/Rosemary, Old Cheddar/Jalapeno, Scotch/walnut? 

My package was from a Groupon that I bought that was 4 Essie nail polishes in the colours of your choice and the purchase was matched to send a young girl to school for a year.  It was part of world empowering women week.  I like nail polish, I like colour, I like empowering women, what's not to like.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics