What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

TanyaLH
on 2/27/15 5:14 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

21 months post op

steps 11074

Morning all,

Off to work and the errands to run this afternoon...

B 1/2 c ff cottage cheese, 1/2 c kefir

S 2 melbas w/ Laughing Cow cheese

L Spicy Peanut Satay tuna 1 c garden salad

D 3 oz baked trout w/ 1/2 c brussel sprouts

S 4 oz skim milk

Be well everyone

Tanya

crqvingchange
on 2/27/15 7:01 pm

Good morning everyone.  Tanya I may just have to pick up some of that Spicy Peanut Satay tuna, it sounds good.  Is that the Cloverleaf Tuna?

Today I am having coffee with another member of the forum, getting bloodwork done and driving - yup, I will be driving for the first time since Jan. 9.  I am a little nervous, but excited to get my freedom back.

7 months post op

B. Coffee after bloodwork

S. 1/2 of a Tim Hortons whole wheat turkey sausage breakfast wrap

L. The other half of the breakfast wrap

S. Greek Yogurt

D. Leftovers from yesterday's lunch, grilled chicken with tzatziki and Greek Salad

S. 1 slice ham and one slice Swiss cheese and 6 Fiber Gourmet crackers.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

TanyaLH
on 2/27/15 10:10 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Hi CC

Yes it is the Cloverleaf one. Small 85 g cans. Its my go to for lunches when I don't know what aIls want.

birdiegirl
on 2/27/15 8:00 pm

RNY  5 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing this morning - not sure this afternoon but going somewhere with my DH

STEPS - 8870

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

2 eggs scrambled with 1 oz. cheddar

S - 1 banana

1/3 of a pure protein bar

L - 1/2 tuna salad sandwich

couple bites of melon

D - cheeseburger with all the fixings on an Arnolds thin bun

1/2 cup of Caesar salad

S - Greek yogurt with granola and splenda stewed rhubarb

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,130,  Carbs - 92 Grams,  Fat - 48 Grams,  Protein - 87 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/15 8:07 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

B - frittata

S - protein shake

L - frittata

S - protein shake

D - gumbo, green salad

Zizzler
on 2/27/15 9:47 pm

Just puttering around the house mostly today, feels good after a very long tiring week.  I have spent the past few months trying to use up what is already in my pantry. I call it a "pantry challenge", and I do it every so often to use up stuff that would go bad or that I have forgotten about. I look at it as a game and create an inventory of all food items. So far I have gone 1.5 months without buying any groceries (other than a case of vanilla pp shakes), but I think that will come to an end soon as I am out of powdered milk and other staples like cheese. I just finished using up all the frozen leftovers that I had in my freezer, there was a lot more than I had thought. I use Supercook to find recipes that use up just what I have at home, it is an awesome free tool. It is like a reverse lookup for recipes, just put in the items your have and I wil generate recipes, which I then modify if needed to make them rny friendly. For example, today I plan to make Crockpot Spicy Peanut Chicken without the rice or naan, I will probably have it just on its own or with soybean spaghetti if I feel like it. Also plan to make nsa grain-free peanut butter cookies but replacing the applesauce with baking splenda and water and adding some protein powder. Have a nice day everyone.

6 months post op

b - premier protein shake, grain free nsa peanut butter cookie

s - herbal tea, peanut butter cookie

l - protein flax oatmeal with cinnamon and sucralose

d - crockpot spicy peanut chicken

s - chocorite protein shake (has been sitting in my pantry for months now unopened, looks good)

all water and vits

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 2/28/15 6:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you for the link to supercook - I need something just like that!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 3/2/15 8:57 am

Love love love supercook. There is an option that allows you to specify what you don't want.  For me that is no flour, pasta, rice, sugar, bread, etc using the "restrictions" button.  That way a lot of the junkier recipes are eliminated.  You also can highlight ingredients you want to use up and it will limit the search to recipes that contain those ingredients. 

Karen M.
on 3/2/15 7:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am really impressed with it - sheer brilliance. Thanks so much for the link.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 2/28/15 6:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like a great idea. I need to do that more often

Most Active
Recent Topics