Food and Greek yogurt brand first week home post op

Susan40
on 6/10/15 2:17 am - Canada

Hello :),

I would like to ask what brand (kind) of yogurt /Greek yogurt that you enjoyed as a fresh post op?   Any words of wisdom on what I should avoid the first week home? 

Thanks 

Susan

Karen M.
on 6/10/15 3:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

You can have any brand/flavour you prefer as long as you check the sugar content - your yogurt should have no more than 7 grams of sugar.

To avoid: as long as you are eating exactly what is on your food plan from your centre (and in the exact amounts) you should be just fine. Go REALLY slow with your eating, stop when you feel satiated - one bite too many can cause whatever you are eating to come right back up, cause pain, nausea, etc. You will just have to be very mindful when eating. 

Overall:  walk when you can, rest when you need to, and sip, sip, sip tha****er constantly to avoid dehydration.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Solstice
on 6/10/15 6:18 am
RNY on 11/27/14

Hi,

I eat Greek yogurt once a day, and I have settled on the PC Plain brand. 0% fat, and it has 18% protein content in a 3/4 cup serving, one of the highest I have found. I always eat it with fresh fruit-strawberries are comin' ;)

C.

Solstice

HFA70
on 6/10/15 6:45 am

The Source is my favourite as there is such a wide variety of flavours that I love!It is sugar free and you can get 0% MF greek yogurt.

I also likes cottage cheese as a source of protein when I was first home.

Monica9811
on 6/10/15 8:19 am - Peterborough, Canada

I enjoy the Source Greek Yogurt vanilla flavour-container is Blue.  Make sure you read the sugar and the protein count.  They vary so much.  Source has a good protein count and low sugar.  I also enjoyed cottage cheese when I got home from the hospital-was never one to like it before but damn it was good after not eating for a couple of weeks and it actually felt like you were chewing something for a change.  SF chocolate pudding with unflavoured whey protein powder was my other go to along with protein shakes.  All the best!

Most Active
Recent Topics