What do I do? Descisions... Descisions!!!!!

Eragon2015
on 11/24/15 5:18 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

omy goodness!  Just saw Dr. Hagen today for my first surgeon appointment. Got my pre-op blood work done. Very nice man! Hope he's my surgeon. well now. So far my January is as follows.... January 14th, carpol tunnel surgery, January 15, trio appointment, January 18th, 2nd sleep apnea test, and last but not least January 24th, my birthday! I cannot do all of this at the same time, but what do I do first? Ugh!

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

613Nan
on 11/24/15 6:17 pm - Canada

Well, I am not an expert but I would suggest first sit down, take a deep breath and follow the schedule.  The carpal tunnel will not bother you too much.  You can easily attend your trio appointment and do your sleep study with your carpal tunnel.  After 24 hours it is just a bandaid.  You just have to be careful, maybe you can ask someone to drive you although it is not impossible to drive.

it seems overwhelming but just think how happy you will be on your birthday to have all this behind you.

Good luck you will do just fine.

613 Nan

RNY Surgery SW 225 Referred June 1/15; Orientation July 9/15; SW/Dietician Aug 26/15; 2nd Dietician Oct 9/15; Internist Oct 26/15; Colonscopy and Endoscopy October 22/15; Pre surgery class Nov 25/15;Surgeon TBD Surgery TBD

Eragon2015
on 11/25/15 3:09 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Thank you Nan for your kind words. Yes, I think I need to just take a deep breath. It seems so overwhelming at times. Like i said to taitrod, i am using this year to concentrate on me and it seems llike there is alot of things that needed to be fixed years ago that i let slide with my health.  my daughter is very supportive of me taking time to get myself better, she is only 12 and cant wait till I'm healthy again and not in so much pain. Note to self...... just breath and let it happen naturally as planned. Thank you.

HW 267 CW 193

tatirod
on 11/24/15 7:04 pm - Toronto, Canada

I hope this comes out right--but, do them all exactly in chronological order. I know it feels like a lot, and it is, but you can do this. Believe me, when I was pre-op everything moved really quickly. It's a good thing you have a trio of appointments on the same day, I didn't. But, I did have a TON of things going on in my personal life at the same time I was going through the assessment process (both medical and work-related). There were certainly times when I felt like calling it quits. I think that's normal. When you look that far ahead it seems overwhelming and insane. But, as you check one thing off you will be one step closer to meeting your goals. Do you have anxiety? I do. I often felt very overwhelmed by the entire process but it really pays off. I'm just over 2 weeks post-op and all of those things I learned are really coming in handy. I actually wish I had carpal tunnel surgery right after my bariatric surgery, then I could recover from both at the same time without taking extra time off work. Of course, I think that would be tough because I really enjoy the use of both hands right now. be thankful that the pain in your hand(s)/wrist(s) will be relieved while you recover from your bariatric surgery. It will certainly make things easier. I can't hold a knife to prep pureed foods due to the pain. You'll have one up on me. : )

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

Eragon2015
on 11/25/15 2:54 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have anxiety, on meds to, maybe thats why I'm so overwhelmed by this all. I made a promise to myself last year that I would take a year to concentrate on me. I know that sounds kinda greedy, but my daughter was so sick growing up, I let all my stuff slide, like the pain, illnesses and weight. now it feels like it's all happening at once. LOL dr. Hagen told me i'm looking at mqrch/april surgery, so I will more than likely be off on leave from my other hand being done at that time. I work in child care and cannot pick up alot of things, or cut things. I cant wait for my hands to come back. LOL

HW 267 CW 193

Eragon2015
on 12/1/15 4:02 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Well, carpol tunnel got pushed back to march 10th now. No more jan14th. ah well, was told rny surgery will be in spring, march or april, so thats good. I could recover from both at the same time. Endoscopy/colonoscopy been changed to a day sooner, Dec 21st.

AND I absolutely love my CPAP machine! Omy goodness, the rest I am getting that I didnt know I missed! No more waking up with headaches, and my insides feel like fluttering butterflies from renewed energy that Ive been trying to find! LOVE IT!!!!

HW 267 CW 193

Most Active
Recent Topics