Best Most Reliable Bathroom Scales?

Kathy1212
on 1/16/17 10:19 am

Hi, hope you're all having a nice day!

Does anyone know of scales that will give the same reading if I weigh myself 3 or 4 times in a row?  Mine show different weights, usually a 1-3 or 4 Ib difference. I'm talking about weighing myself within the same few minutes, not the difference between morning and night.

My scales used to be fine when I lived alone but now that I'm back living with family, they keep moving them around and standing them up against the wall, so maybe that is the problem, or maybe they're just worn out; don't know.  They're digital scales.

It bugs me  because the first weight is always the lowest weight and I get so excited, but then I step back on them and it creeps up.  I usually keep weighing myself until I get the same weight 2 or 3 times in a row and assume that is my weight. 

They're very close to the surgeon's scales; when I came home from my week in Toronto I was actually 2 Ibs higher here at home, but I figure it was water retention as I didn't take my water pill for 2 days before flying.  Also, the Optifast has loads of sodium, more than I usually eat.

Thank you,

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/17 11:51 am

I have a weigh****chers scale that works really well, it shows BMI, body fat & body water which is nice touch. It was 50 dollars at bed bath & beyond but I think they sell them at walmart as well!

White Dove
on 1/16/17 11:59 am - Warren, OH

I use a Garmin Index scale.  It measures BMI, weigh****er weight, fat weight, bone mass and muscle weight.  If my weight is higher, I check if the water is up.  If I gain muscle weight or water weight, it does not bother me as much as a gain in fat.

Scales need to be level on the floor and should show 0 when you turn it on. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy1212
on 1/16/17 12:26 pm

Thanks.  Mine does say zero when I tap it to start, but maybe the floor isn't level. It seems to be, but it is an older house, so maybe not.  I'll drop a marble to see if it rolls, lol.

Kathy

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

lovelyrita
on 1/17/17 5:03 pm - Hamilton, ON, Canada
VSG on 12/22/16

Hi Kathy,

I have had the same frustration with scales! I used a Weigh****chers digital scale for a couple of years, but rarely got the same reading twice.

After my surgery I bought a BIOS Glass scale from Shoppers Home Health Care. It is so accurate! I always get the same number with multiple readings. My only complaint is that the screen isn't backlit, but as long as you aren't weighing yourself in the dark it is nbd.

Here's a link to the exact model I have:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bios-bios-glass-electron ic-scale-sc417/10299244.aspx

Best of luck!

Kathy1212
on 1/17/17 5:36 pm

Thank you so much!  I just ordered it and it says it should be delivered to my house on Jan. 27th, just 4 days before I fly back to Toronto!

This should help so much because I really do get frustrated weighing myself repeatedly until I get three measures that read the same (and then assume it's my weight, lol).

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics