Golden Oldies... where are we???

lexxiblue
on 4/28/17 4:15 pm, edited 4/28/17 4:16 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

Remember when you first started signing onto OH?? Some of us came online every hour of every day before surgery... we got a ton of info... and still came online after surgery.. asked questions, gave answers - made friends - went to support groups, lunches, dinners, etc. Where are you??? I can't remember everyone's name .. being 5yrs out... and then long after surgery we stopped visiting the site - got "on with our NEW life", maybe we just pop in.. see what's going on.. see if you recognize anyone's name.. (that's what i seem to do) might give our 2cents worth.. thinking.. well after so long surely we now know what we're doing. Anyone seen Megan M? Robin H? Ontario 54? Patm? MonicaM? Catw? MarnyB? Karen M? Lizzie54? Tracey 112205? Lolabug? Mary A? Kellybelly 333? Mike?? Mike used to host the Hamilton Coffee Meet.... Pat from Kitchener? she had her wonderful plastics done in Mexico! Diminishing Dawn? and the "head" of the Cambridge Crew (can't remember your name.. sorry) just to name a few? I see Birdiegirl and highlandbear post often.. but where have all the other oldies gone???? Hope they're all doing well....

crqvingchange
on 4/28/17 5:50 pm

PatM posts most days on the WAYE thread, Monica and Tracey post regularly, KellyBelly has been around.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

lexxiblue
on 4/29/17 3:20 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Thanks for replying.. i guess i pop in when no one else does....

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/17 10:38 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'm still here but at almost 12 years I don't post as much. Most are on Facebook groups now, seem to be the new trend. I don't really like Facebook myself so will always be checking in here and I just post about certain things.

lexxiblue
on 4/29/17 3:21 am
RNY on 01/11/12

yes i'm sure Facebook is the new trend.... i just remember living on this site pre-surgery... then a bit post-surgery...then hardly at all.. cuz i don't recognize most of the names... life goes on eh?

thanks for replying

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/29/17 3:46 pm - Windsor, Canada

Awwww

thanks for the mention. :-)

I always pop in here from time to time but I don't find the board as active as it used to be. I am far more active in the Facebook groups than on here. Many of the folks that you mentioned are also on Facebook too :-)

will be 11 years for me in July

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

BluIzGal
on 5/1/17 12:53 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Do you have the names of the Facebook groups

patricia

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/1/17 7:20 pm - Windsor, Canada

Just do a search

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics