Weekend Roll Call

Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:25 am - Easton, PA
Well we didn't get to do the roll call the past few days....and I am procrastinating doing my chores, so I figured I'd start a weekend thread So yesterday I got out of work, went food shopping came home.  I prepped a bunch of food as I was going out for the day and needed stuff to have with me. Then I woke up hubby, got myself dressed, and we headed out the door (late I might add)  Our Garmin GPS system brought us to the address on the invitation (my cousins have a new house where we have never been)  MapQuest brought a few other relatives to the address listed on the invitation.  We all showed up - AT SOMEBODY ELSES HOUSE.  LOL It was to funny.  Apparantly, there is a problem with the township and what not.  So here we all were, about 1/2 hour from where we needed to be.  Called the cousin - she came and got us and we went to the party. The party was awesome - it was a combined housewarming and their child's 2nd bday party.  I of course got all sorts of comments.  They don't know about the surgery.  The host of the party got annoyed at me - at cake time I broke out with my packed fresh fruit/granola/sf cool whip parfait I had made myself.  She asked me to have a piece of cake, I politely declined.  She is not overweight by any means of the imagination....and turned to me and said "One piece won't kill you, and you are making the rest of us feel bad"  I smiled and said "You have to make your own decisions and I have to make mine.  One piece won't kill you guys, but for me, it's a different battle" and I walked away.  Tough noogies on her. Then it was to a SECOND party of the day - a surprise bday party for another cousin.  he was shocked which was nice.   The party was thrown by his girlfriend, but at one her friend's houses.  They have an absolutely stunning house and we had a great time. By the time we left it was 8:45pm....which put me at 23 1/2 hours awake before the trip home.  We were in my husbands jeep, in which I have trouble sleeping in...so we got home around 11:00pm.  Came home...took a shower...and crashed into bed. Today we are cleaning the house.  I've gotten the kitchen done, hubby has the vacuuming done already.  I need to get to the bathroom, the litter boxes, and we need to do the living room yet. After all that we are heading to his parents house.  I'm hoping for that rain they are calling for - if it doesn't rain we have to go up early to do something or other (I don't know what, but I assume it's outside if we are waiting on the weather).   I'm not real fond of spending time there - they know about the surgery and my MIL continues to get insulted if I don't eat what she offers me or if I choose to eat my own food.  She does buy food I can eat - but for instance, I am behind on protein today - so instead of a sf fudge pop, the better choice for me will be my greek yogurt as a dessert.  She won't understand that.  So, anyway, if it rains, we get to go there later and have dinner and probably a movie and get the hell outta there. Enjoy your weekend everyone! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 6/22/08 2:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Pam (& you too Brian),  Were you ever this busy going everywhere and doing everything before surgery?  I find myself having somewhere to go every weekend, planned or not. I figure oh I got this weekend off, I'll relax at home and then I get a call or a text, (it's usually Shauna) and I'm off to somewhere with the gang and we always have a grand time.  I like that where ever you're going Pam, you're prepared with the food and the attitude with no looking back. Better to be ready than being sick as a dog. You're doing a great job! See ya soon, Dennis 
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 4:19 am - Easton, PA
Yea, I've always been this busy - but did not tolerate it as well.  Normally after a day like yesterday, the cleaning would NOT have been done today as I would have stayed in bed for at least 12 hours, then laid on the couch for the following 4 lol My weekends are always so busy - partly because with working every other weekend, I only have two weekends a month to spend with family and friends and relax.  There seems to be little time in the month for everyone who wants to be involved. I've gotten caught without my food a few times now - and none of them have had good outcomes.  So now, if I leave the house, the lunch bag goes with me.  This holds true even if I'm only running a few errands - because there have been times where "just a few minutes" turns into an afternoon due to something or another coming up. Well, it looks like we are headed out in a few minutes.  Time to pick up my new favorite "treat" at DD which is a medium iced decaf coconut (their syrups are sf) coffee, 4 splenda, milk and head off to the in laws. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Melanie B.
on 6/22/08 6:08 am, edited 6/22/08 6:09 am - Doylestown, PA
I am not looking forward to those "one piece won't kill you comments" I mean would you tell an alcoholic one drink won't kill them...i think not. people are so strange.

anyway...

I've had a busy weekend, we have a nanny starting tomorrow for the summer and of course I want the house spotless so she gets the hint that I like it that way. But of course I also got a wild hair up my tush that I wanted to paint the bathroom on the main floor. So I did and it looks great. I'm a bit beat and sore for painting - and sad that it's not so easy to squeeze 265lbs of me to paint behing the can.

My mom drove in from NY to take my middle son home with her for a week. She brought me a Wii!!! I was so excited. Then we drove all over gods good earth trying to find Wii FIT to no avail. But needless to say I've bene playing tennis and boxing all afternoon and think that in itself will keep the old ticker pounding well enough until I can score Wii FIT.

That's it for me.

xoxo

M

dsnyfrk75
on 6/22/08 7:16 am
Here!  It's been a while, but I'm back!  Hope everyone is doing well!

Mary
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 8:09 am
Sounds like  you had a fun weekend Pam...even though it was WAY busy!! I started my weekend with two allergy shots...always fun LOL, then I picked up dinner, cleaned out some cabinets in the laundry room  and went through some clothes before going to bed. Saturday I had a doctors appointment, ran errands, then spent the rest of the day painting the garage door and working on my deck with my dad.  There were lots of warped boards that needed fixing.  By the time we quit it was dusk.  I went over to my parents house and ate dinner with them...then I came home, hung out with the dogs for awhile and then went back up to the bedroom to put away the load of clothes still on the chair (and floor and bed and dresser and hampers LOL ) ....didn't quite finish before I fell into bed.  This morning I took Tucker to the groomer and got some shopping done and made a trip to Lowe's for deck stain while I waited for him.  Came home after and spent the rest of the day working on the deck again.  I can't wait for that to be done so I can check it off of my list of things to do.   Oh yeah...I did have some excitment this weekend....I got stuck at the afternoon crossing of the cows at the organic farm down the road.  God cows are f*%$ing slow!  Tucker had to bark at them for the 10 minutes it took them to cross over the road into the other field....my Pathfinder shook with every bark LOL   I guess it's back to the grind tomorrow.   Hg
DianeMarie
on 6/22/08 8:58 am - Delmont, PA

Ok I was having withdraws from no roll call PAM!  I almost did it myself, but being a newbie I felt I shouldnt do it.  Anyways.... Thanks for getting us back on track!

I was off Saturday and worked 9-5:30 today.  I had a heck of a time concentrating on work today.  I wanted to be home with our newly adopted basset hound.  I found him Saturday up at Petsmart in Greensburg and knew I had to have him.  The other two dogs took to him immediately and he leaves the cats alone.  They think he's about 10 years old but you would never guess it.  He runs around like a puppy and Dela (4 years old) cant keep up!  He's the sweetest thing.  He is extremely loving and needs lots of attention.  You can tell he is very happy to be here.  We do need to fatten him up a bit cause he's very skinny.   We just finished dinner so Deidre & I will take Dela & Stubby for a 2 mile walk.  I wish Sugar could go with us but in her advanced age she has trouble walking.  I'll have to add his pics to my photo section.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:35 pm - Easton, PA
Nobody would have any problem with you starting roll call.  You certainly have earned your place among us! Pam
Nicole0216
on 6/22/08 9:38 am - Lancaster, PA
 Yesterday we went to my best friends susans aunts funeral. SHe was real close to her so we went to support her. Then we went to K of P and did some shopping. Today Jason stayed home while I went kayaking and we have hung around the house being lazy. You all's weekends have made e feel liks a slacker. oh yeah pam i finally had some SF water ice AWESOME!
Dana C.
on 6/22/08 10:18 am - Royersford, PA
Hello everyone
I hope your weekend went well
Today is my 2 year wedding anniversary
I had to take my husband to the airport this morning as he has a business trip and will be in Baton Rouge until Weds afternoon.
We spent the day running errands yesterday.
Today I hung out with the kids and had a lazy day.
I did a weigh in today and lost another 3lbs so I'm down 83lbs since Feb 6th. Not too shabby.
Still having hair loss issues..... blahhh

368/182/160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1784 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1876 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2561 views