Trader Joe's has a new peanut butter!!!!

gmom62
on 8/3/10 9:58 am - Clifton Heights, PA
I was just reading theworldaccordingtoeggface's blog.  I haven't read it in about a week.  She posted that Trader Joe's has a new peanut butter in a powder form, like PB2.    I see a trip to Trader Joe's in my future!!!

For those of you that have been unable to find PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter locally or didn't really want to buy 4 jars at a time online there's a wonderful facsimile now available at Trader Joe's though the name of it may throw you off.

Baker Josef's Peanut Flour

It is defatted, finely ground roasted peanuts. The ingredients list: Roasted Peanuts. That is all. There is no "flour" in it. The flour is referring to the texture (cornstarch-ish.)

It comes in a 1 lb. brick (like coffee sometimes comes in) I found it near the baking items, not near the peanut butter. Price: $3.49

Nutritional Facts

Serving Size 1/4 cup
Servings Per Container
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 35
Total Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Sugars 2g
Protein 16g

Verdict: Mmmm. This is GREAT stuff. A nice way to get the peanut butter taste and protein in shakes without adding a lot of fat. Mix in protein shakes and smoothies, pudding, yogurt, sprinkle on top protein ice cream.

Lisa H.
on 8/3/10 10:42 am - Whitehall, PA
Oh wow!! That is awesome!! Too bad I don't live near a Trader Joe's either.

My tracker

hers 

Decolady
on 8/3/10 12:06 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
WHY doesn't the Lehigh Valley have a Trader Joes???  We need one!
gmom62
on 8/3/10 4:38 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
gmom62
on 8/3/10 4:42 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
ok, for those of you who don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to the cooking class this month.  So if you'd like, I can make a run to TJ's to buy a few bags to bring with me.  Just let me know who would like me to buy some for them and I'll be happy to bring it along.  Plus this will definetely make me commit to going to the cooking class.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1774 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views