What is wrong with me?

gmom62
on 3/25/11 12:38 pm - Clifton Heights, PA
Hello my friends,

I know I don't post very often.  I do read the posts regularly.  I'm having a problem that I'm hoping someone can tell me what the heck is wrong.

Today, I have been very dizzy and light headed.  I can not pin point what the problem is.  I had my daughter check my blood pressure.  It's normal.  I know I'm drinking plenty of fluids.  I regularly get at least my 64 oz in easily.  I just don't know.

I have had a VERY stressful week at work.  I can't imagine that would be what my problem is.  But I just don't know.  I know if I feel this way tomorrow, I am calling my PCP.

Thanks for reading.

Love you all,
Cyd

Sandra160
on 3/25/11 12:52 pm

Hello

I think it is a real good idea to go to your doctor.  This is something you should have checked out.  It may have nothing to do with surgery.  But either way, the doctor is the way to go.  Please let us know how things turn out with doctor.  Thoughts and prayers are with you

Sandra

Sandra  

sandy L.
on 3/25/11 2:38 pm - Altoona, PA
Hope the doctor can figure it out for you.  Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Sandy

R K.
on 3/25/11 7:29 pm, edited 3/25/11 7:33 pm
Google Reactive hypoglycemia. Lot's of WLS people need to eat smaller more often.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
bvohl
on 3/25/11 9:20 pm
Cyd,

So sorry to hear that you are experiencing this! I am not a medical professional but going to see one is probably the best advice! Maybe it is vertigo?? Let us know what you find out....

Love and hugs,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Liz R.
on 3/25/11 9:32 pm - Easton, PA
I agree about the Dr but we can troubleshoot. What did you eat?
dit657
on 3/25/11 10:24 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Cyd - I won't add my 2 cents about seeing the doctor - just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better and find out what's causing this. Keep us posted. Take care - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/27/11 3:11 am
I'm with Liz, what are you eating?  It could be the ratio of carbs to protein or the type of carbs. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

jastypes
on 3/28/11 2:41 am - Croydon, PA
I've had similar symptoms related to hypoglycemia as someone else mentioned.  The only way I knew was because I used my diabetic son's glucose monitor when I was having the symptoms and my sugar had dropped to below 50.  It's a real issue for some of us.  If you eat a protein and carb (like a piece of bread with peanut butter) and it goes away in about 15 minutes, then that is one indication that you may be experiencing hypoglycemia.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

gmom62
on 3/28/11 4:13 am - Clifton Heights, PA

Thank you to all of you for your suggestions.  I have an appt with my pcp.  I will mention the possibility of hypoglycemia. 

Saturday morning when I woke up, I sat on the edge of my bed. I was a bit dizzy and contemplated on whether or not to go to the gym.  I waited about 30 minutes and was fine after that.  I even went to the gym and was there for 2 hours!  Drank 24 oz of water while I was there.  I really think is was a culmination of a REALLY ****TY week at work. Very stressful. Normally I can handle the stress pretty well. I also did not eat well on Friday either.  Pretty sure I had more carbs than protein. 

Thanks again to all you for reading my post and contributing.

Love to all,
Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1784 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1876 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2560 views