Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 3/28/11 8:09 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am up and at work already. I came in for a hour or two before I head to Hershey for another training. I am having lunch with a friend after the training at a nice seafood place so looking forward to that. Tonight I have that OA meeting so we will see what that is like. I was thinking of hitting the gym right before it but then decided no first meeting dont wanna be sweaty LOL.

Had a nice conversation with our friend Jane last night and she shared some pretty interesting information she has learned about diet and post op life. I was glad she shared it with me, will peruse the website links she says she will send me.

Hoping for a good day, I hope that you also have one
IdaMae D.
on 3/28/11 8:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Long night last night.  Had an Excel class which is considered a foundations class for the program I'm attending.  What a huge waste of my time.  I agree that this was an important class for most of my class which knew nothing about excel, however, I work with excel everyday, I'm on a expert level for excel, this was a beginners class, for goodness sake we were learning how to sort, and find, and add a formula.  This should have been an optional class for those of us that were on the expert level for excel which in my class of 14 there were 3 of us.  A total waste of my night, and a long night I might add, as well as a waste of money since the cost of this class is built into the program.  I will be contacting the program administrator today to let her know of my concerns with this class.  I did think this class would have something to do with finance/accounting since that is out next class, however, the instructor told us she could not help with that as she is not an account or finance person. 

Today is work till 4, I'm taking my a pair of long gym pants with me so I can get out to walk.  Yesterday was freezing with a skirt.  Then to the gym after work and home to probably crash.

The house is coming along well, we now have walls, and rafters in the new addition.  The windows are all in place.  This is so exciting to see it coming together.  I hope we get a good week for the contractor, I know he is starting to get frustrated with the weather.  Once he gets the addition secure to the existing house and the roof on weather will no longer affect their schedule.  Gene took some great pictures of the work, I'll be posting them on facebook tonight.

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

gmom62
on 3/29/11 2:57 am - Clifton Heights, PA

Ida,

I need to find you on FB!  I'd love to see the pictures of the addition.

Cyd (Boone)

IdaMae D.
on 3/29/11 7:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'm on FaceBook:
Ida Theisen Devers

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 3/28/11 8:46 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

Nicole - so glad that you had a good conversation with Jayne.

I am at work this morning, totally exhausted but here! Mia was having a rough go of things last night. Didn't want to fall asleep as something was bothering her. Finally got her to sleep and she woke up around 3 crying and wanted to be held. My poor baby. I hope today is a better day for her. I am here until 3:30 / 4 whenever I can escape! After work headed straight to get Mia because my Mom has somewhere to go. Then going home to make dinner, play, bath, bottle and bed!
Lisa H.
on 3/28/11 8:55 pm - Whitehall, PA
 morning sunshines...

Getting ready to get my work day started.. I still don't have much to do, so I have been doing some online trainings.  I started one yesterday on Time Management.  It is pretty good, so I am actually looking forward to finishing it up today.. yeah, I see the irony.  I apparently didn't manage my time appropriately to get it done in one day.. lol.. 

After work, I'll relax and get something going for dinner.  Siehara and I have a family therapy session tonight.  She's been handling her punishment pretty well, but the mouth is starting to return.  I don't think it's anything other than female hormones.  But, I have given her another incentive for improvement this week.... Grandma is watching her Friday/Saturday and I told her that if she has a good week, I will reinstate a privilege (TV only) for the time she is there.  So far, her attitude does not seem to have improved.... sigh... I don't want Grandma to avoid taking her because of this issue.  

Speaking of incentives, she has brought home and completed her homework every night since we started the mom and me day incentive!!!!  She also brought her gym clothes on the appropriate day last week and has it again today.  Looks like I need to make sure I have money put aside for Easter break so we can go have our day together.   That's money I'll be HAPPY to spend.  

From therapy, we will head to the gym for pilates.  I did zumba and body combat last night.  Other than the fact that I really need to buy Cross Trainers instead of running shoes for the class I am really enjoying both of them.  They give me such a great workout and I feel powerful after Body Combat!!!

That's all folks.... moving on to get my child out the door on time for the bus.  Have a great day!

My tracker

hers 

Sara E.
on 3/28/11 9:00 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
Typical Tuesday; work, dinner, scouts.  On a side bar, I was invited to go with a friend to a surprise party for another friend of hers at a country club on Sat.  It sounds like fun, but I have no "dressy"  business casual attire.   I need to go shopping, but I have no idea what "dressy" business casual attire would be.  I am more the "casual" casual attire sort of gal :)  I am 5'1" and a size 6/8 and want to look nice...any ideas of stores or styles is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sara

Decolady
on 3/28/11 9:16 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
I would consider dressy business attire a skirt suit, or a dress with a jacket.  Marshalls, or maybe Macy's, should have something.
Sara E.
on 3/28/11 9:18 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Thanks!
Sara

lynnc99
on 3/28/11 10:07 pm

There are a LOT of pretty spring clothe****ting the stores right now. I'd suggest picking something you will enjoy wearing a lot through the spring and summer - nice slacks or a skirt, with a spring weight sweater set would be versatile and look nice. It might be a little early for a sundress, but you could look, and add a bolero or sweater.

Most country club dress codes say "no denim" so keep that in mind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1798 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1890 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2570 views