Flurry Friday

Nicole0216
on 3/31/11 8:26 pm - Lancaster, PA

WTH? I walk out my door into this wet, white fluffy stuff? I was not expecting that. April Fools joke for sure.

Working today, the home to chill until tonight, I hope the weather improves so we can travel safetly.

Met with the therapist again last night, I do like her. I think she gets "it" and gets "Me" she can see right through all of my intellectualization of my behaviors and issues with food and with life in general.  My homework is again to go to another OA meeting and journal. I can do that. I told her that I am done trying to be my own therapist. And everyone elses for that matter. I need balance. I told her I am willing to do anything she tells me to do, I am open to guidance and will do what she says even if i think it is stupid and dont like it. 

I hope you all have a great friday even if it is snowing

Liz R.
on 3/31/11 9:00 pm - Easton, PA
Good MOrning my dear. I am glad that your therapist is helping :)

NO WHITE STUFF here thank God! I got up to just rain this morning and the commute was a breeze. I do need teh serentiy this morning because I am meeting with an architect at 9am that keeps telling me my work is "insufficient" we'll see how much of a man he is when he shows up and if he tells me to my face! I am a bit uncomfortable in the outfit I chose for today, the top is more form fitting then I am used to, at least I have a blazer on over it. It's one my Grandmother made so she's with me today, I sure do miss her. I digress. Leaving work at 11 to go for an iron infusion, grocery shopping then home to chill with Mia for the weekend.
Lisa H.
on 3/31/11 9:44 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Nic.. I'm glad things are working out with your therapist and that you are taking time to find YOUR WAY instead of always helping others find their way.   You deserve clarity in your life.  

SO, I went to bed later than I wanted to last night because I was chatting on FB and lost track of time.  Then, I woke up in the middle of the night for a bit and got up before my alarm to Skecher nudging me to wake up.  I'm not really sure why he thinks it's ok to climb up on my bed and nudge my face until I move, but apparently he thinks it's ok.  

That said, today is going to be a whole lot of nothing.. except that I have a whole lot of somethings to do.. work (aka sit in front of my work computer doing online trainings on things like Time Management and Work Ethic) because I have no other real work to do.  In between my slacking ( I mean training) , I will finish getting my clothes/stuff together for tonight.   While I am at my desk, I am going to soak my feet and give myself some semblance of a pedi while I watch the training videos.  

Lunch time has me going to the bank and the gas station and to pick up a few things from the grocery store.. not much since neither of us will really be home much this weekend.  

Grandma is coming for Siehara around 3 and I hope to be out of here by 4 at the latest to head into Philly for the birthday celebrations.. I am leaving enough time because I KNOW I will hit traffic since it's Friday and it's wet outside and I'll be headed into Philly.  

Tonight is dinner and then dancing with some of you wonderful people!! Can't wait to see everyone!! 

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 3/31/11 9:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Happy Freaking Friday - so far it sucks. Woke up with a lousy headache - forgot to wear my Phillies gear and got *****ed out by my buddy Ray at Micky D's - drove through this freak snow squall in the West Chester area - ground was covered?? WTF is that all about? Got to work and my stinking laptop won't dock so I'm using the tiny keyboard (and not very well) - so I'm deep into a morning *****fest here at work!! God help my co-workers today.

On a lighter note it is Friday - no big plans for the weekend - dinner and dominoes with our neighbors tomorrow night - going to clean out some furniture to put on Craig's list - have to get things started - have so much to get rid of. Getting ready to put on a roll top desk, a computer desk and a treadmill - if anyone is interested let me know.

And that's it for me today - let's keep our fingers crossed that the rest of the day is better!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 3/31/11 11:16 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am sending you good positive hugs and thoughts - and if you need a good joke.......I have one...ready: Why do sharks swim in sal****er?!?!  huh?  huh?......ready - ......because....pepperwater makes them sneeze...........

You sounded like you needed a stupid joke and a good laugh!  Love you! :)
dit657
on 3/31/11 11:27 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks for the good vibes and corny joke!! I'm actually 'fun' *****ing this morning - and one of my wonderful co-workers brought me a Phillies hat to wear because everybody was beating me up about not having my Phillies garb on!

Of course it's been snowing like there's no tomorrow - I'm NOT happy about that! But hey, I'm here and I know it won't last, so that's a good thing. maybe this afternoon I'll put the Phils game on in the conference room on the big screen and we can sneak in from time to time and check on the game.

Thanks again!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pennykid
on 3/31/11 10:33 pm - PA

Good morning my friends!!!

I'm at work, so far nothing to work on.  A lot of the group will be leaving at lunchtime since they do summer hours, but I have to stay all day since contractors aren't allowed to participate.  That's ok---I may take a walk with the other contractor, and I can surf the net and read my book in peace.

Not sure if we'll get to the big birthday bash tonight.  I'd like to get to First Saturday tomorrow as I haven't been to a support meeting in ages.  My friend that I mentioned in yesterday's roll call (the one who's life now sounds worse than a soap opera) asked if we want to come over this weekend.  I'm actually a little afraid to go to her house, but not because of her mental illness.  She claims her house is being watched and that she's getting death threats, and I don't want to become a target if this stuff is real. 

It's still snowing here, although it's slowing down.  The one wall in the office is windows, so I feel like I'm in a snow globe. 

Have a great day, all!!!

Julia              
jastypes
on 3/31/11 11:00 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, Nicole and PA!  You're doing a great job working towards true healing and recovery.  You know me.  I'm a huge fan of the 12-steps, even though I've been resistent at times.  I gotta tell you that the past 3 weeks, having gone to OA, have made a HUGE difference in my overall recovery.  Here is an excerpt from my yeserdays' sober24.com posting. 

"For the past two weeks, my goal was to lose 40 pounds, have plastic surgery to fix my stomach and bat wings so that I can wear my sexy lingerie, so Bill will love me more.  Seriously.

Today, my goal is to love my Higher Power with my whole mind, heart, soul and strength; and to love my neighbor as myself.

HUH????  What happened?  The terrific part is that I can tell you exactly what happened!  I started working with another addict.  I helped someone start working the steps.  She is learning the 3rd step prayer.  I am going to get her a notebook tonight for her to start writing her 4th step. And "poof!" my perception changed.  Not my doing, folks, but the work of an amazing Higher Power I call God.

I'm a 10 on the 1/10 scale today.  I have a testimony of Victory in Jesus, and I pray that I will not forget it ever again. "

That was yesterday, and I still feel awesome today.  The very best times in my life are when I can see myself through God's eyes rather than my own.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

steffihope
on 3/31/11 11:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole!  I can NOT wait to see you tonight!!!!!!!  Larry is sad that he has to work!  Glad that you are finding the peace you deserve with your therapist.

I am in a fabulous mood.  I know you all hate the snow and the cold - but I still think it is gorgeous and amazing - and here in Philly - it is so NOT going to stick, so it is even prettier.  And I truly think that Mother Nature is the best practical joker around - way to go woman! :)

I had an amazing Surgiversary.  After school Larry and I went to meet up with friends for dinner and a movie and then hung out with them at their house afterward.  When Larry and I got home, he surprised me with a Cliff Lee Phillies Jersey.  And as it was my mom's birthday and she was an avid Phillies fan - it was the perfect ending to a GREAT day!

Today should prove to be a fun one as well.  Sitting in class with the 7th graders.  They are funny this orning - read: I can handle them today...Which is important as I have them for 2/3 of the day as the 8th graders have more standardized testing to do....poor kids!  Anyway - after school, heading home, going to nap because it seems as though there is going to be some sort of b-day celebration happening tonight......hmmmmm.....I am hopeful for a fantabulous month!  

Happy Snowy Friday and Happy APRIL everyone! :)
bvohl
on 3/31/11 11:37 pm
Good Morning Nicole and PA!

Sounds like you are off to a good start with this therapist. It seems that you are in a good frame of mind to her guidance. Good for you!!!

Steffi, yeah Mother Nature sure does know how to play a practical joke, but she needs to stop the white S*** NOW!!

Today is wor****il 3pm, then home to tidy up a bit, get ready for this evenings festivities, pack a bag for Dee to stay over at our neighbors house, pick up the girls and drop them off at said neighbors house. Shower in between and change. Maybe stop off for some SF goodies on the way. Then out for a night of partying with some GREAT peeps!!

That is it for me!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1794 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1889 views
And DS groups in PA