Recent Posts

keltokel
on 2/17/16 1:25 pm
Topic: RE: Surgeon reviews-Bryn mawr Hosp PA

HI there. I am wondering if you had the surgery with Dr. Ing. I am pre-op and my paperwork was submitted last Friday. Thanks!

Stacy E.
on 1/19/16 8:51 am, edited 1/19/16 1:04 am
Topic: RE: BCBS can't get approved .. Apparently no one with my plan type can

I have United Healthcare Plus through my husband husband's job....which doesn't cover the surgery btw. So I decided to shop around today. I went on the website and spoken to a rep. Who told me as an individual plan blue cross blue shield does not cover bariatric surgery...At my other job, it was covered through Northeast BCBS...but he told me that's because it was under a "Group" coverage and rates...Now my search still continues....If I can not get any insurance in this state that will cover the surgery I'm going to have to go back to my original plan of having it done in Mexico. Either way I'm tired of waiting for this surgery.

VSGfuture
on 1/8/16 4:53 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone have dr motto in lewisburg pa?

You posted this a while ago but I am just starting my 6 month journey with Dr. Motto. How are you doing?

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/16 10:34 am
Topic: RE: BCBS can't get approved .. Apparently no one with my plan type can

Sorry about the super delay I ended up something unfortunately and now I need a revision have no clue what's going to happen. Apparently after Obamacare was passed in certain states if you privately hold your insurance meaning I I pay for it independently it's not a part of a larger planned there is no bariatric surgery whatsoever no exceptions were at least so I've been told. Just awful! However, as I just mentioned to someone else when the thread I found the guy who said that if your doctor says you're going to die if you don't get it I just got in that happens to be true you just might get by otherwise I guess we've got some legislation to do! Thank you so much sorry for the delay

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/16 10:32 am
Topic: RE: PA insurance?

I just recently self-pay do this issue. However, you're googling I did find a guy who said if your doctor says it's an absolute matter of life and death surgery will be approved at least that's for Blue Cross Blue Shield... Awful

Rose A.
on 12/29/15 4:44 am - west mifflin, PA
Topic: My daughter has added a new FB page Western Pennsylvania Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Support Group

She is hoping to add a clothing exchange , that will be free to members. Western Pennsylvania is a broad area, LOL, we are from the Pittsburgh, south hills area. 

Kristina247
on 11/24/15 12:51 pm
Topic: RE: Hello all.. Looking for some help.

At the time i had keystone healthplan east purchased thru the marketplace.

A peer to peer is when your doctor goes on your behalf and deals it out with the doctors on the insurance plan to approve what surgery you are requesting to get done. Some insurance companies just want to complicate things only will approve if you and doctor show it's a medical necessity. 

joy62
on 11/24/15 4:49 am
Topic: RE: Hello all.. Looking for some help.

Is your insurance  a state insurance ? PA state doesn't cover. What is peer to peer? 

joy62
on 11/23/15 4:17 pm
Topic: PA insurance?

I have UHC compass. PA does not cover the surgery. Has anyone had the WLS covered by this insurance and if so how?

Stacy E.
on 10/30/15 6:40 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1799 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1890 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2571 views