Recent Posts

bosscoupe65
on 6/26/15 5:25 am - N Huntingdon, PA
Topic: RE: Pitttsburgh

thanks Linda.. I know I need to get back on track.

Linda L.
on 6/19/15 7:09 am
RNY on 02/17/15
Topic: RE: Pitttsburgh

Jan,

I had RNY done 2/17 at Magee Hospital My Dr is Anita Courcoulous her office number is 412 641-3632.  Her nurse Vicky is wonderful and will be able to assist you!  They have a great program called Body Changers and the nutritionists there are wonderful!

bosscoupe65
on 5/27/15 10:44 am - N Huntingdon, PA
Topic: Pitttsburgh

Any one from the Pittsburgh area?  The doctor that did my RNY has left and now I need to find a new doctor... I am almost 10 yrs out and have been putting on some weight.... I want to get my self back on track... Also I am looking for a Cold Chai Tea recipe...

thanks 

Jan

jastypes
on 5/26/15 6:08 am - Croydon, PA
Topic: RE: Barix Support Group, Saturday, April 4, 2015, Langhorne, PA

Yes!  June 6 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 5/24/15 11:16 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14
Topic: RE: Barix Support Group, Saturday, April 4, 2015, Langhorne, PA

Will there be Saturday meeting in June? Thanks

Sharon

Kristina247
on 5/2/15 2:29 am
Topic: RE: Hello all.. Looking for some help.

Hello nice to meet you aswell.. I did not know there is a barix clinic in Langhorne, i will check into that.

Thanks and Blessing.

Kristina247
on 5/2/15 2:27 am

My insurance replied saying it was not in my coverage benefits and that they would consider approving if my Doctor does a peer to peer. I'm still waiting for my Doctor to do that, but i was interviewed by a case worker who is fighting on my behalf also waiting on reply on that.

lynnc99
on 4/30/15 10:57 pm

Just wondering why they denied you? Is there specific language that says bariatrics are not covered? Is there a requirement that you didn't complete for approval? Do they say you don't weigh "enough" to qualify?

I did not have to deal with denial but Capitol Blue Cross did everything in the world to delay my approval - it took 18 months. And right after my surgery our policy was changed to remove any coverage for bariatrics. 

Be persistent!

jastypes
on 4/8/15 5:52 am - Croydon, PA
Topic: Article on OH about yours truly!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/celebrating-a-non-scale-victory-love-my-body

Excited to share my story!

Blessings, Jill

jastypes
on 4/2/15 5:29 am - Croydon, PA
Topic: Barix Support Group, Saturday, April 4, 2015, Langhorne, PA

The holidays are not stopping us!  We are on the schedule for 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Barix in Langhorne for our April Support Group Meeting.  Come give and get the support we all need on this journey. It doesn't matter what type of surgery you had or where you had it.  All are welcome, even those who are still considering the surgery.  No matter where you are in the journey, we want you to get all the support you need.  A nutritionist is on hand to answer questions, and one of the topics this month is:  Self-Sabotage:  What is it? What do we do it? How can we stop it?

Blessings, Jill

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1809 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1905 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2587 views