Hi everybody...I'm...

Gabriella21
on 2/9/10 12:55 pm - Roxboro, Canada
Ok so I'll start...

Hi everybody...I'm Ada. I'm 46 and currently waiting for my VS surgery with Dr. Garneau.Glad that this forum exist for all us "quebecers" and also for anyone who wants to join our "family" you are all very welcome!!

Would love to hear your stories...don't be shy...

Ciao for now,
Ada xoxo
Spezza_Fan
on 2/10/10 4:57 am - Gatineau, Canada

Hi everyone,
My name is Derek and I'm an alco... oh wait. I'm 24 years old and have been on the waiting list for VSG surgery with Dr. Garneau since April 2009. I currently weigh ~410lbs and have no serious health problems. The reason why I want to have surgery is so that one day I can have kids and watch them grow up and be anything they want to be in this world. At the rate I'm going I'm scared I won't see my 30's. This wasn't the easiest decision to make but I feel 100% confident that this is the right choice for me.

Please come out and introduce yourselves. We are all here to support eachother. The more the merrier. Don't be shy. We don't bite.

Derek -xxx-

yayawhat
on 2/10/10 8:26 am, edited 2/10/10 8:27 am - Canada
Hi everyone,

My name is Kassandra, but my screen name is Yaya. I started lurking here sometime in July 2009 and became a member in Sept? Oct? 2009. I had my consult with Dr. Atlas in October 2009 and just had my surgery February 1st 2010!!

It's all really new to me, I felt prepared and the boards and member support helped alot with that. I had my surgery as an outpatient, so last week at home was really rough but right now its smoooooth sailing, I feel good am losing weight and feel like I'm ready for anything. Feel free to ask questions!!!

salem4444
on 2/10/10 10:19 am - Canada
Hello everybody..

My name is Diane, I'm 44 and I  just had my VSG with Dr Denis at Sacre-Coeur hospital feb 2nd 2010.  I weighted 320 at Christmas, now around 287.  I have some medical problems ( high blood pressure, sleep apnea and severe arthrosis of the knees) I decided to have this surgery because obesity is really starting to limit my autonomy, I have difficulty to walk, and will need a knee replacement soon.  
I think having friends on a forum really helped me in my journey, first to find answers on all my questions, but mostly to share with people that live the same challenges. Because often, family and friends cannot really understand what we are going through, but our friends on OH always do!

Welcome to new friends!

((hugs))
Diane
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

blue38
on 2/10/10 10:52 am - Canada
Hi my name is Stella and I had my VSG on November 18th, 2009 with Dr Christou.  I do view this message board on a daily basis and find it extremely helpful.  My surgery went very well and with no complications.  I only wish I had done this years ago.  I have lost almost 90 pounds (45 lbs before surgery). 
Spezza_Fan
on 2/10/10 11:29 pm - Gatineau, Canada

Hi Stella and welcome! 
Congrats on your current weight loss. This surgery is the best gift one can give themselves. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks for coming out of the woods.
Derek

Gabriella21
on 2/10/10 12:46 pm - Roxboro, Canada
Hi guys,

This is great!!!

Stella---> welcome and please feel free to share your VSG experience with us...wow you are doing great and have lost so much weight!!! Congrats!!!

Any pointers for those of us still waiting patiently?

Hello to all my other on-line OH'er buddies...Derek, Kassandra and Diane.
keeanna
on 2/11/10 1:44 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada

My turn now,

Hi everyone... My name is Anne, i'm 36, engaged to a wonderful man, mommy to 5 beautiful kids ages between 6 and 18 and waiting for VSG with Dr. Atlas since january 2009.  I'm really anxious to get my surgery date, should be soon (I hope!!!). 

Welcome to everyone

Anne

I'm 5'6" VSG October 13th, 2011 with Dr.Atlas at Sacre Coeur.

Spezza_Fan
on 2/12/10 12:53 am - Gatineau, Canada

Welcome to the board Anne. You've just taken the biggest step you could by joining our small yet very friendly community here on the QC board. Anne, you can always give Martine (Head Nurse for Bariatric Surgery) to see where you stand on the list. I know I called in early January and she told me I had 11 patients ahead of me. Here's her number. 514-338-3666

Good luck and please keep posting!

Thanks,
Derek -xxx-

keeanna
on 2/12/10 3:26 am - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Hi Derek,
thanks for the warm welcome...  I did call Martine, as was suggested by Salem, on Monday and she didn't say how many or I long the wait ahead of me, but she did say that she would be calling me soon.   I had my initial appointment with dr.Atlas on December 17, 2008 so I hope my time comes soon...  Can't wait anymore...

Talk to you soon
Anne
I'm 5'6" VSG October 13th, 2011 with Dr.Atlas at Sacre Coeur.

Most Active