Got a call today!!!

Kessey
on 5/10/11 6:55 am - Gatineau, Canada
Well well, I was almost hopeful that the hospital would'nt call me, but it is when you least expect it that it happens! I am seing the nutritionist on June 9th and attending the session, so some positive news there, then will need to wait another couple of months before my VSG YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! Wow time has gone by so fast!

Anyhow, that is my update (which I know I havent been on as much as I wished I would have). LOL...

Cheers all!

Kessey
Spezza_Fan
on 5/10/11 9:23 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Kessey! 
Congrats on the amazing news! Your surgery can't be too far behind either! I'm excited to see all you pre-ops finally getting the calls. I'm getting anxious for you! 

We should meet up soon!

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
keeanna
on 5/11/11 3:35 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
I'm soooo happy for you Kessey!!!!   We are finally moving along.....   We should have our surgeries pretty close together as I have my meeting with the nut on May 26th.....   Good luck to you and keep us posted....

Anne
I'm 5'6" VSG October 13th, 2011 with Dr.Atlas at Sacre Coeur.

Gabriella21
on 5/12/11 8:51 am - Roxboro, Canada

Hi Kessey,

Good news all around. Nice to hear that more people are getting called. And i think that you me and Anne are all around the same time.

Take care all,
Ada
Brenda B.
on 5/15/11 6:38 am - Gaspé, Canada
That is such exciting news everyone....keep us posted. I for one am thrilled for all of you. Your lives will definately change in amazing ways after surgery. Hugs to all
Kelley_girl123
on 5/17/11 9:48 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Hi Kessey:

I am waiting for my call as well and am so worried that it won't come.  (very anxious).    I was told that I would be at least advised that I was on the list by "somebody" other than Dr. Denis but nothing yet.        he did assure me I was on the list as of last October.      

You must be very excited.      :-)    

How long did you wait?? 
Spezza_Fan
on 5/18/11 2:55 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi Kelley! Welcome to the board.
We've seen people wait from 6 to 30 months for the call. It varies from patients to doctors. Have you not gotten the call from the Hospital saying that you were on the list? This would have been about a month after. I think I got a letter in the mail too saying I was on the list. I hope you get the call soon. This surgery is really life changing! Please feel free to introduce yourself.

Derek
StartW: 406.6    SurgeryW: 370.8    LastW: 249.6    ThisW: 246.6  
VSG SURGERY ON MARCH 10TH, 2011
Follow my journey on YouTube at www.YouTube.com/Dirik29
Kelley_girl123
on 5/28/11 10:21 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Hey all:

Nope, haven't received a call nor a letter but the doctor assured me was on the list so will take his word. Am very anxious yet nervous. I have many questions /concerns. I know it is the best decision for me however have read so many conflicting stories about post op diets and so forth. I know eating will change but will I be able to eat "normally" so to speak. A piece of toast, salad. Albeit in smaller quanties... What will my hospital stay be like, how long off work, Etc etc etc

This forum is definately going to be an asset. Can listen and speak to actual people who have gone through it.

Most Active