Vitamins anyone please...NEED HELP

Betty Jo L.
on 6/11/11 3:50 am
 Hi All I am looking for info for vitamins. Does anyone know if there is brand out there made special for bariatric patients? I want to stalk up.  It is so confusing on what vitamin to take and how much. I know my doc will give me that info but I want to get as much info as I can on my own as well. 
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
roogirlmulder
on 6/11/11 6:23 am - San Diego, CA
The two companies that I can recommend, and that will also send you samples if you contact them are Celebrate Vitamins and Bariatric Advantage.
Both make chewable sugar-free vitamins that are specifically made for bariatric patients. Not sure how they will go in sales/sending to Canada, but it can't hurt to contact them for the samples and find out.
Many patients also mention that what they once liked and enjoyed the taste of, tends to change after surgery. So both companies offer a few options in regards to flavour of the chewable multivitamins.

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

Heidi V.
on 6/11/11 7:00 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
I use bariatric advantage. I got them from www.vitalady.com

Personally, I find all the chewables gross, but I put up with them anyways.

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Betty Jo L.
on 6/11/11 8:13 am
 Do they ship to Canada? I been looking trying to find a vitamin that is sold for this specific surgery. I will send them a message.
Heidi V.
on 6/11/11 8:22 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Hey,

Yes they do. I live just outside Montreal and I ordered from the directly.

Heidi

Betty Jo L.
on 6/11/11 8:56 am
 Hi Heidi,

Thank you so much for the info. What type do I buy or should I wait until I am given all the info from my surgeon? I just got the approval and had my first appt. Will get all details next week.

Thanks, 
Betty Jo
Heidi V.
on 6/11/11 11:13 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Hi Betty Jo,

I ordered the Bariatric Advantage Tropical multi. Here is the link to it: http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=1375X180

You don't need to wait until you see the surgeon. I ordered 2 bottles of 180, over 6 weeks before the surgery. I started taking them during the pre-op diet and still take now.

Heidi

PS Where do you live?

Betty Jo L.
on 6/12/11 3:27 am
 Hi Heidi,

I live in Kahawake on the other site of the Mercier Bridge. Thanks for the info. I will check into it.

Betty Jo
Betty Jo L.
on 6/12/11 3:39 am
 Hi Heidi,

Just wanted to ask, how many do you take daily? and do you take any other vitamin pills then this one or does it have all what you need?

Thanks again,

Betty Jo

PS sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I do this right.
Heidi V.
on 6/12/11 5:12 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Hi Betty Jo,

I take 2 per day. I don't need anything else because these have it all.

No problem!

Heidi

Most Active