After all this waiting....

keeanna
on 7/22/11 2:29 am - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Guess what you guys?  After 31 months of waiting, I finally got THE CALL!!!  I've got a surgery date....    It's September 27, 2011 for me!!!!   I'm so excited....   Just when I thought that it would never happen for me, it does.  I was so happy that I called everyone in my family and my friends too.  Now begins for me, the preparations...  I have to quit Tim Horton's ice cappuccino, stop drinking while eating, buy stuff I'll need for after surgery, etc...  but I just can't wait....  2 more months to go until my life changes for the better.  Thank you all my OH friends for your support, it is really appreciated.

Take care
Anne
I'm 5'6" VSG October 13th, 2011 with Dr.Atlas at Sacre Coeur.

cloudless
on 7/22/11 3:56 am - Gatineau, QC, Canada
VSG on 10/16/12
 YAY!  That's so cool Anne - that'll be here in no time at all!  How long will you have to do the optifast for?  Keep us posted as you go along.

Elena

keeanna
on 7/22/11 4:22 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Thank you Elena....   I have to do the optifast for 2 weeks only, thank God!!! 

Anne

Ana_1978
on 7/22/11 7:11 am - Canada
 Oh, Anne, that's truly amazing! Great news indeed! Yes, there are lots of things to do pre-op, so time will just fly and you'll be post-op before you know it!

I'm sure everything will go smoothly, Dr. Atlas is an angel! I'm 3 weeks post-op and you can barely see my scars. Nobody believes I've just had surgery.

And if you have any questions, we're here for you!

Ana
StartW: 246.8    SurgeryW: 206.4        ThisW: 136.6

keeanna
on 7/22/11 4:25 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Thank you Ana,  I'm so happy...  With kids off for the summer and the beginning of the new school year, I won't have time to see the 2 months go by.  Well, I hope so....   I can't wait for surgery time to get here....

Anne

Gabriella21
on 7/22/11 2:39 pm - Roxboro, Canada

Soooooooooooooooo excited for you Anne!! All the prep work to do and then off you go. The people at the hospital are really great (even though the actual hospital is a bit drab) but keep focused and all will go fantastically!!

Keep us posted and maybe...just maybe...I'll get my call soon too and may be getting our surgeries around the same time!!

Take care and have a great weekebd!

Ada
keeanna
on 7/22/11 4:29 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Thank you Ada!!!   I'm sooo excited....  It seems to me that time will go soooo slow until surgery time....  I can't wait to finally get there...  I've waited so long!!!     I sure hope you get the call soon too, it's so exciting.....   Good luck to you and have a good weekend too.....

Anne

Betty Jo L.
on 7/23/11 5:52 am
 Hi Anne,

That is the most amazing news ever!!!  I did the happy dance for days after I got the call. My surgeyr is August 10th. Just 18 more days and I will start my new life. I am excited, scared, overwhelmed all at the same time. I need this to go right. Thank god I only have to do Optifast for two weeks also. Where are you getting your surgery done at?

Betty Jo
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
keeanna
on 7/24/11 4:10 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada
Hi Betty Jo,

It is exciting, isn't it?  After 2 full days, I'm still floating on a cloud....  I can't believe that I finally got a date!!!!   Good luck on your surgery.  I'm getting a sleeve done at Sacre Coeur de Montreal by dr. Atlas.

Anne

Brenda B.
on 7/23/11 10:27 am - Gaspé, Canada
I so thrilled to read your post. You've waited more than most Anne and your surely deserve this surgery. The months will fly by and your new way of life is started. Keep us posted!

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Most Active