Hello fellow Rhode Islanders!

Jeanne B.
on 6/6/03 12:57 am - RI
Hello! I am a patient of Dr. Pohl's who is waiting for insurance approval. Very frustrating! I was given a surgery date (June 11th) that they took away because my insurance company was dragging their feet. I am still waiting, insurance has asked for additional info (which we sent in) and will hopefully make a decision within the next week. I am still hoping to get surgery scheduled by the end of July. Anyone else out there a patient of Dr Pohl?
pam29922
on 6/6/03 3:13 pm - Pawtucket, RI
Jeanne, I remember all too well what it was like to wait around for insurance approval...what a frustrating process! It will be so worth it though and Dr. Pohl's office is great about working with the insurance companies. I had my surgery with Dr. Pohl 13 months ago and I can't say enough wonderful things about him! He is not only a skilled surgeon, but he's a very nice person as well.
HalfRuth
on 7/5/03 5:15 am - Exeter, RI
Hi, Jeanne I am also a patient of Dr. Pohl's, who is also waiting for approval. They have also asked for additional information. It is very frustrating. Hope all goes well for you.
HalfRuth
on 7/6/04 12:30 am - Exeter, RI
HI, hope all is going well for you. I finally was approved, but need to still be cleared by a shrink. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck
Judy C.
on 7/10/03 10:24 am - West Warwick, RI
Hi! I am also seeing Dr Pohl. I saw him on the 12th of May for my first consult. I am scheduled to have my final (yeah!) test on July 16th & see Dr Pohl on July 31st. The problem I am having is with my insurance company. They said that they never rec'd anything from his office, so I asked Dr Pohl's office to resend everything. I haven't heard from them if they did or not. I called the insurance company (United Healthcare POS select plus) & they said they still have not gotten anything, but to try back in another 2 weeks. Ihave a BMI of 44.5 & I have high blood pressure, high Cholrestorel & am on 3 different meds for diabetes. I also have a circulation problem with one of my legs that I have had a infection in. My diabetes doctor (Dr Nathalie Campbell) can not understand why it is taking so long. I have been kicking the surgery idea around for almost 2 years. Now that I have made up my mind, I won't give up. I can be a real big pain where the sun don't shine. Just ask my brother & sister. LOL Let me know how you make out.
todteach
on 7/16/03 8:30 am - Lincoln, RI
I am a patient of Dr. Pohl. I am 1.5 years post op and have lost 145lbs. Dr. Pohl is wonderful!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Blah
kathleen j. · 0 replies · 2657 views
RI VSG support group
becca9891 · 0 replies · 3357 views
Kent Hospital Bariatric team
Clamcake65 · 1 replies · 5044 views
Seeking Surgery Buddies!
delprov · 2 replies · 5853 views