physchiatric review tomorrow what can I expect?

Karen Wood
on 3/17/13 6:00 am - IN

I am nervous, not nervous for the review but wondering after it is over how long before I can get my surgery?

debbie A.
on 3/17/13 6:33 am - inland empire, CA

Once i had my psych eval it was about 3.5 wks till my surgery. My psych eval was simple  No trick questions. 

buggirl44
on 3/17/13 6:44 am

you will be fine.  Kaiser wants you to say you eat 3 meals a day, take all your vitamins, don't drink caffeine or alcohol.

You exercise 6 days a week for 45 min a day.  etc etc.

debbie A.
on 3/17/13 6:47 am - inland empire, CA

I had mine through kaiser also. They dont have trick questions.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/17/13 9:16 am, edited 3/17/13 9:20 am - OH

Do you really believe that a licensed Psychologist is going to believe that someone who is morbidly or super morbidly obese eats only three times a day and exercises 6 days a week?!?   Lying to the psych is likely to raise red (or at least yellow) flags in the evaluator's mind.  If someone comes in lying about those kinds of things, what else are they lying about?  I would be closely scrutinizing EVERYTHING that person said if they thought they were going to be able to get that kind of a lie past me, and would be unlikely to give that reason the "benefit of the doubt" if I had any concerns about their suitability for surgery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

tljwins
on 3/17/13 8:50 am
My psych is on staff with my Rouxny doc.He basically asked me for my life story and why I wanted to have the surgery. He is very nice and facilitated the orientation that I was required to attend back in November. I took my time getting all my testing done because I was trying to build my sick and Vacation time up at work. From the time that I had my psych evaluation to getting my date was two weeks. He only took a week to prepare his report but I had to redo my bloodwork and bug the gynecologist to FAX my pap and the place that did my endoscopy to send that report pronto! Sometimes you have to make calls to remind people that your surgeon is waiting for their report.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/17/13 9:19 am - OH

No one can really tell you that.  It depends on whether the psych eval is the last requirement in order to be able to submit your request for insurance approval or whether you still have something else to complete, and THEN it depends on how quickly you get insurance approval and on how busy your surgeon is.  Some surgeons can schedule someone 2 weeks from the date they get insurance approval and some surgeons cannot get someone on the schedule until 6 weeks later.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics