I just want cake!

Ehbeagle
on 4/13/14 10:26 am - Virginia beach, VA

For the past couple of days I have been craving sweets.   I have tried to satisfy these cravings with a bite or two of something sweet, but thus may have made it worse.  Any advise?

Needanewbeginning
on 4/13/14 10:43 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Grab something with protein, stay away from the sweets, they truly give you more cravings. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

sonyamarie75
on 4/13/14 11:06 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I am right there with you. I agree with the previous poster... Eating just a couple of bites makes the craving worse... Just don't even start... LOL. 

Hugs!!!

What about a sweet protein bar (low carb), some SF pudding? A SF fudgesicle? Something like that? 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

poet_kelly
on 4/13/14 11:11 am - OH

I have found there are three ways to deal with cravings:

1.  Eat a small amount of whatever I crave.

2.  Eat a healthier substitute.

3.  Just ignore it.  I have learned that cravings are not fatal and I will survive even if I don't give in to them and they will eventually go away.

Which option is best?  I think it probably depends on the person, but for me, it really varies.  I use all three options at different times and they pretty much all work.  Sometimes eating certain foods that I crave seems to make the cravings worse.  Like, crackers.  I crave them sometimes, but I am no good at eating just one serving.  I want a whole box.  And then I want another box.  And eating a few of them just makes me crave them all the more. So I mostly ignore those cravings, and over time, I've come to crave them less, although I do still crave them occasionally.  With other foods, like ice cream, I can eat those occasionally and not end up craving more and more.  So I eat a small amount of it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Louy
on 4/13/14 11:05 pm
RNY on 08/12/13

I gave I to my cake cravings, I dumped so badly I will never eat cake again. What about a protein bar, sometimes il have abit of a chocolate flavoured protein bar if I'm craving something like that.  

SkinnyScientist
on 4/14/14 12:53 am

I tried cake once, about 2 weeks ago, it made me sick to my stomach and I puked.

I hate puking.

L

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

RRach
on 4/14/14 1:43 am

I am not post-op so my suggestion may not be helpful at all. 

But I enjoy frozen grapes when I am craving sweets. :)

"Never Give Up: There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.

Calla Lily
on 4/14/14 4:52 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Do you have a Dave's Tea? One of their flavours is Birthday Cake.... Super good!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

MyLady Heidi
on 4/14/14 12:41 pm

Is this something made with flavored vodka? Do tell, what is it?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views