need to get a little off my chest please

Patm
on 4/14/14 11:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow your life right now is so full. I can not begin to image how you are coping. With one exception you have gotten some good support here. Please know we are all in your corner and hope you can get the rest you need. Good luck with healing

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/14/14 11:49 pm

Op, Ignore Heidi. She says nasty things then runs.

You do have a lot going on and recovery will take some time. Rest up and get extra help. In time your energy will improve.

Best of luck

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

White Dove
on 4/15/14 12:00 am - Warren, OH

Taking on the role of a caregiver shows love and compassion.  It is hard even when you are feeling your best.  This surgery is going to help you to be so much healthier.  Please stay on the OH board and post.  There are so many here who will give helpful support and advice and only a few who seem to have had their hearts surgically replaced with ice and their brains with mush.

The people here know what you are going through now.  Feel free to vent to us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

saterry
on 4/15/14 12:09 am, edited 4/15/14 12:42 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

I was faced with similar issues at 3 weeks. Demanding, sick inlaws that expected me to take them in and care for them following a surprise elective surgery.

I had to be very specific about my needs, limitations and their expectations. I was not able to care for both 80yr old sick inlaws and resented them asking knowing I had just had surgery 3 weeks prior.

You deserve to focus on yourself right now. You are trying to make healthy changes in your life and surgery is just one part of those changes. Setting limits with others and yourself may be another step in that direction.

I'm sure your sister loves you and appreciates your help but not at the expense of your own health.

Please keep reaching out here........there is always an ass in the crowd.....you have met # 1    

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Mary Gee
on 4/15/14 2:28 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

IGNORE HEIDI -- use the block feature as someone else mentioned.  Her comment was cruel and insensitive.

Feel free to vent anytime.  You're going though a rough time now.  You're a wonderful person to take care of your sister.  But please be sure to take care of yourself.  If you become ill, you won't be able to help your sister like you're doing now.  Does your nephew live nearby or is he out of town?  Ask him for help while you're recovering from your surgery.  It's one thing to supervise nursing staff, but taking care of her household might be too much to ask of you right now.  You have to communicate to your nephew that you have health issues yourself right now.

Take care - hope you get the rest that you need and deserve.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

nhowe61
on 4/16/14 10:36 am

I took the advice an have stayed in bed a lot resting n sleeping I feel much better thank you. Update on sister she is doing better an her pain is now under control.she is sitting up n talking .we have 3 wonderful cans that are doing everything for her.it is so much better.

Thank ou all for the support