New member, long time lurker...with pictures!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 12:07 pm

Hi all, my name is Maia and I am, as of today 9 months and one week post op RNY. I have included a few photos of me. The night before surgery I weighed  in at 246 pounds. Last Monday (I only weigh on Mondays) I weighed 121 lbs. In the comparison picture above I was 6 months post-op. The second picture is pre-op and a post-op at 9 months out and the final photo was taken today when our local weather man came to visit the school I work at. I am in the red scrubs. :)Gastric Byoass is certainly the best thing I have ever done for myself. Its an amazing journey and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! I read peoples post on a daily basis so I figured it was about time to make my own profile and share my own incredible journey with you. It's been nothing short of amazing. I've posted more pre-op and post-op photos on my profile, I don't know about you but I love seeing the "thinspiration" Proof IS in the pictures!

E R.
on 4/16/14 3:58 pm - Switzerland

Wow! You have done so well! Congratulstions! Thanks for sharing your journey.

RNY:  4 June 2013

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 8:30 pm

Thank you ER! I am starting to get a little discouraged with people i general who I deal with on a daily basis telling me to stop losing weight so I am hoping here I can share my progress and people are proud of my success! 

martitalinda
on 4/16/14 10:11 pm

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 11:01 pm

Oh, thank you so much! I think that my brain hasn't really caught up with my body yet because beauty isn't exactly what I see yet. Keeping my fibers crossed that those feelings, positive feelings about myself will come in time. :)

karenp8
on 4/16/14 11:16 pm - Brighton, IL

I am 19 months out from my surgery. I started at 260 and now weigh 120. I lost my weight in about 81/2 months. It took about a year for me to begin seeing myself as thin. I would at my clothes everyday and wonder if they would fit! The last 4 or 5 months though I see the new me when I look in the mirror. You will get there too,just give it some time! Welcome and thanks for sharing your story with us!

Dcgirl
on 4/16/14 11:21 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Wow you look amazing!  Thanks for inspiring those of us who are just starting our journey!  Awesome job.  I know how much effort it takes - you are a rock star :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 12:16 am

My doctor told me at my last check up (at 6 months) that I wouldn't loose anymore weight, I was 155 then. I have continued to follow his program and while the weightloss has significantly decreased I am still steadily loosing. I don't really have a specific goal for how much more I will lose, but I am sure my body does. 

Caroline K.
on 4/17/14 12:48 am
Wow, congratulations! You look great!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 1:33 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks for posting and congratulations on your success!  You are an inspiration!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views