What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 5/15/14 10:00 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi friends,

Was woken up today by a screeching alert on my phone letting me know that heavy rains were causing flooding.  Hope everyone in these stormy areas are ok!

This event was followed by the worst moment on the scale since surgery - I am UP a lb.  UP.  Jesus.  I know, I know...I have had great loss, this is a blip, this is a plateau...so I can't freak about it, but not the best news on my five month surgiversary.  My calories are a little higher but protein numbers are good and I am still no carb, so I know my body is just adjusting :)

Should be a good weekend, so I will drag my sorry a$$ to the gym despite wanting to bury my head under a pillow.  Hope you all have a good weekend!!!

Time Since Surgery: 5 months today!

Loss Since Surgery: 102.4 (120.4 includes the 18 lost two week pre-op diet)

Loss by month:

M1: 28

M2: 21.6

M3: 20.4

M4: 20

M5: 13.2 (hello, readjustment!)

B: Syntrax matrix mint cookie (1 scoop + 8 oz almond milk)

L: Shrimp fajita leftovers (no rice, no beans, no tortilla)

D: TBD - going to a dinner party where they are making pulled pork (I don't like pork, well, other than bacon lol!). I am bringing a cheese plate as a contribution.  I may bring a chicken sausage for myself.  My friends all know about my RNY and are super awesome and supportive and won't think it's weird :)

Totals without dinner are 400 calories, 39 g protein, 20 g fat, 16 g carbs.  I am going to try to be back to about 700 calories a day rather than the 800 I have been reaching lately.  I also have a follow-up appt with my surgeon and NUT this coming week.  Now, off to the gym!!!  Happy Friday, all, and thanks for the daily support.  Hugs to all of you!

What's on your menu?  Em

nurl
on 5/15/14 11:02 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
How do you mix your protien drink? Do you use regular almond milk? Just ordered the mix

Dcgirl
on 5/15/14 11:05 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

The array of almond milk is crazy!  I buy the unsweetened almond milk that is 40 calories for one cup.  There are some that are 80 so just be careful!  I pour 8 oz into a plastic blender cup, add the silver blender ball, add the yummy powder, close the top, and shake vigorously.  It doesn't require a blender or anything...just some shaking!  Enjoy!!!  I am drinking mine right now :)

nurl
on 5/16/14 3:41 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Thank you so much. I am excited to try a different protien mix. I drink a premier shake every morning and have for about one year. While I love them I need some different favors

Dcgirl
on 5/16/14 6:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Once I had a sip of Mint Cookie, I can never drink the Premier Protein drinks again! Just wait!  The mint cookie has COOKIE PIECES!  It's so delicious!  And if it's too sweet for you, just use 12 oz of almond milk instead of 8 :)  

AnnyBananny
on 5/15/14 11:06 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Boo! You're right, it's probably just a blip, it's probably all the extra work outs or whatever, but it is still just totally and completely infuriating when the scale moves the wrong way! Maybe stay off it for the weekend? 

You were totally right about the water aerobics, Em. I just did it and the class was fun. There were a few more younger people there, which was nice, but it was definitely harder than the one I did on Tuesday. Mostly in a good way, but my abs and arms are pretty sore this morning.

I have library-related commitments all weekends, so we'll see how I do keeping up my gym streak this week. I'm committed to going at least one weekend day. I'm committed to going at least one weekend day. I need to keep saying that.

Time since surgery: 8 weeks

B: 4oz cottage cheese

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: egg salad, cheese stick, 1oz steamed veggies

Pre-Gym Snack: 1oz plain greek yogurt mixed with PB2, some apple slices (have definitely been finding that having a small snack before working out has made me feel so much better)

D: Pizza skillet, the pizza conversation got me hungry for pizza the other day and then I stumbled on this idea on Pinterest, so I'm giving it a try - you spray a frying pan with non-stick spray, put shredded cheese down, a little sauce if you'd like and pepperoni or whatever toppings and coo****il the cheese is crispy. This might be a disaster but I'm going to try it, with the cheese and turkey pepperoni it actually has pretty decent protein! 

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

TOTALS: Calories 640, Protein 90, Carbs 23, Fat 23

V: started

W: got a jump start with my walk this morning

E: walked with my colleague, though cut short when the rain finally arrived, gym after work

I'm cutting my day a little short here at the Library since I'm basically living here this weekend, so I have my grocery list and my shopping bags and I'm going to run to do my shopping right from work. Hopefully it won't be too crazy at 3pm! I'm going to get chick peas to try some spicy roasted chick peas, I'm craving crunch. I'm also going to try a new mini meatloaf recipe - a Mexican version.

Hope everyone is feeling better and better!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 5/15/14 11:47 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yay, Anny!  I am glad you went to the water aerobics.  Feels good to be sore, right?  Your menu planning sounds good!  I have put a slice of cheese down and waited until it got crispy and then added deli turkey.  I bet it will be great for a pizza crust!  Pizza really is the perfect food lol.  I have seen menus where you make ground turkey and then add pizza sauce (not marinara, pizza) and then top it with your favorite toppings and cheese and bake it.  I want to try that when I am cooking for more than just me.  

I love turkey mexican meatlof (I add one egg, taco sauce, shredded light mexican cheese, a can of green chilies) - yum!  I haven't tried the crispy chickpeas though I know people love them.

Don't work too hard this weekend!!

AnnyBananny
on 5/16/14 1:22 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Occasionally I have to be the Manager-on-Duty/Reference Librarian on a weekend day. Much to my chagrin this happened to coincide with a community event on Sunday that we're having an info table at. Blech!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

SandraF0823
on 5/16/14 8:21 am - CA
RNY on 12/30/13

Anny - The pizza skillet sounds good.  Report back!!

karenp8
on 5/15/14 11:38 pm - Brighton, IL

It's cloudy here today but so far no rain. Hubby took the day off work and we are going to see about getting a new dog. Not a puppy as I 'm not up for the puppy attitude. We found a 4 year old boxer female at a local no kill animal shelter so we are going up to meet her today. The house is just far too quiet and empty since I had to put my 15 year old dog down at the beginning of March. It's time for a new companion. Got up early and got 2.25 miles in on the treadmill already. Will bike for twenty minutes this evening and do my crunches too. Post op about 21 months and at 122 today as I had somewhat salty Chinese food last night. So for today:B 1/2c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2banana with peanut butter L not sure will be out with family S string cheese D 31/2 oz rib eye 1/2c sweet potatoes S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. On track with fluids and vitamins right now. Have a good day everyone where ever you are!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views