hospital stay?

Eno
on 6/17/14 3:44 am - ocala, FL

When you stay over night can someone stay with you?

jazzycatz
on 6/17/14 4:19 am - Joppa, MD

Usually, yea. The hospital I had my surgery at had you in a private room with a fold out couch for someone. My sister and husband both stayed. Go to the hospitals website and check out visitor patient information. It will probably tell you there.

Castine1234
on 6/17/14 4:33 am
RNY on 05/06/14

Yes, my hospital had a daybed for someone to spend the night, private room but no one would stay with me.  I preferred it that way.

poet_kelly
on 6/17/14 4:54 am - OH

Usually, as long as you're in a private room.  If you are sharing a room, they might not want overnight visitors.  You can call the hospital and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heather B.
on 6/17/14 6:53 am - Wyandotte, MI

I think it all depends on the hospital. I had a private room and they let my husband stay past visiting hours but, there are no overnight guests permitted. My hospitals probably have visiting hours.

Heather B. 
VSG on 11/28/11
Revision to RNY on 04/28/14

Caroline K.
on 6/17/14 10:35 am

I was in a semi-private room, with no over-night visitors allowed. I don't know if it would have been different in a private room. Honestly, even if I could have, I wouldn't have wanted someone staying over. I was so tired the first day, I didn't really want to socialize with anybody. The second night, I was woken up multiple times for blood pressure tests & blood thinner injections, plus general intercom noise, so my sleep was pretty crummy. Wouldn't have wished that on anyone!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

BWB
on 6/18/14 1:09 pm

That (NOISE) was my experience. Thet sleep/chair was horrible for my son or husband that stayed so they didn't stay the third night.  I stayed 3 nights because we lived far enough away that I worried about an emergency but I wish I had gone home instead.   

HarvestMoon1974
on 6/17/14 11:07 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

When I had my first surgery, I was in a shared room, so no overnight visitors allowed. I just had a revision in May, and the hospital I was in had private rooms. There was a chair that pulled out into a bed, to allow for overnight visitors. I prefer to be alone while in the hospital, but it's a great option for anyone who wants a support person close by.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

Nw37203
on 6/17/14 11:19 am

Here right now (had rny yesterday) anf my hospital permits 1 overnight guest in the room. Thankful because my husband helps unplug me to help to the bathroom. Much better than nurses in a rush :) 

HW: 257 CW: 243 RNY 6/16/14      

Eno
on 6/18/14 12:01 am - ocala, FL

Thank you i just want to make sure my hubby is there with me .. and can stat the night with me i imagin im going to be so worn out. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views