Weight gain after surgery

Jen 1959
on 8/27/14 7:56 am, edited 8/27/14 7:57 am - NH

I am 6 years out and I went off track last year right up until May of this year....I gained 30 lbs.

How?   I went back to eating the way I did that made me overweight to begin with, I love junk food, cookies, cake, candy bars..I found that Dunkin Donuts have a survey on the back of the recipt and everyday I went for an Ice Coffee, the ice coffee was ok, I had it with skim milk, BUT the Free Donut daily AND the servers gave me recipts that others did not want, Also I was alloowed 1 Donut per order but the workers who became my DD friends, let me use 3 receipts at 1 time.......So long story short , I was eating donut after donut after donut.....

How did I break that habit? When I had to go up 1 size in jeans which had a slight stretch to them and they were even getting tight.  So I bit the bullet and MAY 1st I went back to basics, I said Good Bye to my DD friends  .

I gained 30 lbs as mentioned, from 121ish to 148, a tight 148...I was disgusted with myself and I truly was scared that I would NOT be able to break my junk food habit, after all I ate that way most of my Adult life....

I am very proud to say that I have not looked back since May 1st....I am down to 127 and I remeber now how sweet oranges are, how delicious blueberries or strawberries in greek yogur taste , ....Vegetables with smidgen of butter.....PROTEIN ....Steak, Pork, Chicken....I have not had any bread,crackers, pasta, cereal....

Belive me if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!!!

Believe in yourself and go back to basics!!   Stock up on the foods you ate for the 1st few weeks, and go from there.....

GOOD LUCK!!         Belive in yourself, you can do it!! Food does NOT control you!! 

I wish you well....

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

TimTan
on 8/28/14 5:15 am

I haven't been doing anything.....I know I just gave up..I have made an appointment to go back to a nutritionist.

cdbrewster3
on 5/9/19 9:57 pm

I rejoined Obesity Help tonight because I need the support. I had my surgery in 2011 and had gained 71 lbs. Last month I joined Jenny Craig and have loss 28 lbs. What's missing is being around and talking with people that know what I am going through. I miss the fellowship.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 189 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views