What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/10/24 2:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! We made it! I am going to say "just barely" for me. This week was filled with so many new things that required institution-specific knowledge that I don't have yet, so there were so many times that I had an inbox of emails with things I was not sure how to answer. I hate that. It's exhausting to feel incompetent and equally exhausting to learn so many new things. All good, just tiring.

Tonight we are going to the first game of "The Knockouts" a new minor league baseball team that has a stadium in our town. We are so excited for this new team, and we have season tickets with our favorite neighbors. It's going to be in the low 50s so I will have to bundle up, but I think it's going to be super fun!

We're going back to Maine Saturday and Sunday -- taking my parents for a nice Mother's Day weekend. We're making another broom, and there shall be much lobster consumed.

I hope all the mamas get a relaxing weekend. This was my Mother's Day cookie set this year:

QOTD: Describe your perfect burger. I like my burger cooked medium, with Swiss cheese, lettuce, pickles & sriracha mayo. Yum :)

My knee did not like squat day, so my steps were limited to normal walking and I wasn't able to add more steps to get to 10K. By the way, this week was one year since I sprained it. Can you believe it's been a year? Nuts.

• Protein decaf
  • egg bites
  • leftover harvest bowl from sweetgreens
  • I assume we will have dinner out at the game but, if not, I have some leftover turkey taco
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/10/24 3:00 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all.

I am glad this week is almost over as it's not been the greatest ever. Nothing much planned for the day. I'm betting a trip to the thrift store is in order for my mom. I bought her some of the plants she wanted for Mother's Day. She doesn't want much that she'll admit to wanting. Tech is a no go for her so I get her what she asks for. I also bought her a fundraising tshirt that a local wildlife rehab place put out for a porcupine that was injured in the massive wild fires we had recently.

After posting yesterday and eating after eating breakfast I threw it all up. I have been getting acid attacks for lack of a better word. It was so bad for a few hours and then went away, I think my stomach is still messed up from the Ozempic last year. It just isn't right.

My procedure is Monday afternoon and I'm extremely anxious over it. I really wish I hadn't done this whole thing, it's an extra 350+ bucks. Thankfully I had already paid around 300 so I'll have to pay the extra with cash with help from my mom. The original dentist who pulled my teeth should of done this to begin with.

Sorry for the novela

QOTD: BBQed patty, caramelized onions, blue cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. I prefer a brioche bun or ciabatta usually if I can.

eggs for two meals and ???

a few bracelets and a pendant I've made the past week. The pendant is a design that my friend made and I altered it just a tad for what I had as I didn't have the original sizes,

White Dove
on 5/10/24 3:01 am - Warren, OH

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I always try to find a mentor for a new hire. Maybe you could ask for someone to help with new things.

For years it was lettuce, tomato, no mayo. Recently I read that bacon jam was really good on burgers. I bought some and it is too sweet for me. I don't like the anemic and tasteless tomatoes at most places. I usually get a burger from Five Guys or Wendys with onion and lettuce then take it home and add my own Campari tomato slices.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 5/10/24 3:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks. I have a great team who are all willing to answer questions, I just wish I could be more independent without having to ask about so many things!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/10/24 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I honestly think it takes a good six months to get really comfortable in a new job. Before that, you don't have enough knowledge of the place to do some of the things you need to do, and also, you don't have enough "back burner" projects to work on during down times. It's frustrating - but...it'll come in time!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 5/10/24 8:13 am - Warren, OH

You are absolutely right about the six months. I was always stresed and feeling overworked for that period. Then in about three years I would start to be bored and looking for a new challenge.

Teenie
on 5/10/24 7:33 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'm a big fan of homemade bacon jam. I suggest putting a piece of pork loin or chuck roast in a crockpot and throw on a pack of dry French onion soup and the bacon jam and cook on low for 8 hours. It is really good that way takes out the too sweet part.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 5/10/24 8:31 am - Warren, OH

I have been thinking about making a roast so am going to get one and cook it with the bacon jam. Thanks

Grim_Traveller
on 5/10/24 3:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. Local baseball season starts tonight! I'll be very curious to see how well attended it is. I'm looking forward to our short trip this weekend too. Maine is my happy place.

QOTD: A nice juicy burger with cheese, crispy bacon, and lightly toasted bun. The bun should be on the thinner side, and not the size of a loaf of bread. I rotate the cheese between American, Swiss, and cheddar. Because I crave variety.

Here's the kitties, and our back yard. The creeping phlox is getting closer to full bloom, and the dogwood is dropping petals fast.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 5/10/24 7:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Mr. Variety. I hear you. My Flox finished up last weekend. Crazy were not that far apart I think we are Zone 6b.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 177 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?