Shopping help please!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 10:35 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

My birthday is Tuesday. I am currently almost 4 months out from surgery and 74lbs down and have yet to buy a single new piece of clothing. My husband has decided he is taking me to finally get some new things as my birthday present. Yesterday I went to Old Navy and started trying on jeans. I started with a size 20 and worked my way to a size 16 before any fit! I was shocked and crazy excited. I have never in my life wore anything less than a 20. Now though I have no clue where to shop. I really don't want to ever go to Lane Bryant ever again so my question is do you know which regular stores carry a 16 in store? I really don't want to order online. 

White Dove
on 12/20/14 11:14 pm - Warren, OH

All department stores carry size 16.  Never walk into Lane Bryant (I used to call it Lame Giant) again.  I go to JC Penney, Sears, Kohls, Macys, and Dillards.  Ask a salesperson for help finding things that fit you well and that you like.  You are lucky to have a great husband who is willing to take you shopping.  Ask him for advise on what he thinks looks good on you when you shop. 

When I was transforming my looks, I subscribed to a service that analyzes your body and coloring and then sends you a weekly list of clothes that will look good on you.  I only bought things that they recommended and built a great wardrobe that still works for me today. 

People tell me that I always look in style and pulled together.  I learned from this site http://missussmartypants.com/

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 12:10 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Thank you for your help! 

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 12:34 am
RNY on 09/08/14

Thank you for your help! 

The Salty Hag
on 12/21/14 1:20 am, edited 12/21/14 1:21 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Have you considered resale shops or Goodwill? I was dropping weight so quickly at your stage ( as you are...congrats! ) that didn't want to waste money on stuff I'd "undergrow" quickly.  

p.s. I'm 19 months out, and it still freaks me out that all the clothes at Lane Bryant now swallow me. 

Edited for stupid autocorrect mistake. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Grandmaneice
on 12/21/14 10:39 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I bought most of my clothes wheni was loosing at the thrift stores, goodwill, Salvation Army and savers. I started at Size 2X or 22 and found a pair of jeans at JCPenney's yesterday a size 6!  Never have I worn that size before..I am still amazed at the weight I have lost and the size of my clothes.. My jeans use to be bigger than my husbands..he was doing the laundry one day and said whose pants are these?  They can't fit you..but they did, and that was like a size 10 or 12. Have fun shopping..I do!! Lol

selhard
on 12/21/14 10:13 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...shocked you haven't gotten more replies considering shopping is a common transfer addiction--maybe too busy shopping to help you out :)  I was super obese only able to order clothes through a catalog.  It took me a long time before braving-up enough to try on clothes in a store.  My first time standing frozen in a dressing room 3-way mirror was like looking at a body ravaged by war....but...... I now have hope to see more birthdays like you will, too.  Happy Birthday!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/14 10:38 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Thank you so much!

NYMom222
on 12/21/14 10:55 pm, edited 12/21/14 10:55 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Walmart sells Lee Jeans now and I have gotten a few pairs there along the way. Jeans are stupid expensive. I also have gotten really good buys at Target, Kohls and Macys. I know Macy's sounds crazy but if you shop their clearance racks you can get some great under $20 and under$10 deals. Sometimes they have additional %off the whole clearance. Congrats on the weight loss. You need new clothes. Don't forget the new bras and undies too!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 12/21/14 11:05 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes to Macy's.  I always get good deals there and there's typically a coupon deal going on.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views