advice please..

Chavon1
on 2/27/15 12:12 pm - Pensacola, FL

My roommate and I got in an argument tonight. She states that my nutritionists plan would have me overeating. Right now I am only 3 and a half weeks out so my portions for food are really small and it's really impossible to get the amount of protein I need out of the small portions. Well the paperwork from my nutritionist states to eat 3 meals a day and also add in two protein shakes to get my protein. My roommate says this is too much and that I should just do two protein shakes a day and 1 meal until I can get my protein from my meals when I can have a little bigger portions. We literally got into a screaming match and she states she is right and stormed off. Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you 

hammonds99
on 2/27/15 12:22 pm

I am about 7 months out from surgery and still have a hard time getting all my protein in.  I found genepro protein powder.  Itis 30gms of protein in 1 table spoon and is tastless.  I add it to 2 shakes and then eat very small meals during the day.  Hope this helps

hammonds99
on 2/27/15 12:22 pm

I am about 7 months out from surgery and still have a hard time getting all my protein in.  I found genepro protein powder.  Itis 30gms of protein in 1 table spoon and is tastless.  I add it to 2 shakes and then eat very small meals during the day.  Hope this helps

rocky513
on 2/27/15 12:22 pm - WI

Why do you care what she says?  You have the paperwork from your nutritionist.  Follow the plan and tell her that she's not the "food police".  You are an adult and are fully capable of following doctor's orders.  Tell her to mind her own business.  No need to argue.  Walk away from her and do what you know is right.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

SkinnyScientist
on 2/28/15 2:33 am

what the smart lady above said.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

White Dove
on 2/27/15 12:27 pm - Warren, OH

You and your nutritionist are right and your roommate is wrong.

Eating three small meals helps RNY'ers to keep their blood sugars more stable.  Going too long without eating can cause reactive hypoglycemia.

The protein shakes are the best way to get in enough protein, when it is difficult to do that with meals.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 2/28/15 2:34 am

The smart answer with the scientific support goes to white dove. Note: I do not think White Dove is an "Escalator".  Me: if there is fire, I am going to throw some gasoline on it.  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Doingrightin2015
on 2/27/15 6:17 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I agree with the others. Make copies of what the NUT has given you and post it on the Frig, cabinet doors etc. Highlight with a yellow highlighter what it says.  Heehee.

Besides what's it to your roommate anyway??????

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

poet_kelly
on 2/27/15 8:00 pm - OH

My advice is not to argue with your roommate and to just follow your plan.  Unless your roommate is a registered dietician, and you've hired her to advise you, she has no business tell you what to eat.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JB1114
on 2/27/15 10:24 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Track your food eating just as you have been instructed.  Show it to her although you really aren't obligated to.  I'm 6 1/2 years out.  I eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.  If I stick with high protein, low carb, my total calories will be around 1100.  I have 1-2 protein drinks a day.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?