What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 9:06 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning my friends, and Happy Command Day!  Get it?  LOL  So, yesterday you guys totally stepped up to my challenge of naming your favorite post-op food discovery.  As a result, I have lots of new things I want to try!  Also as a result, I could not stop thinking about food yesterday.  I knew I wasn't hungry, but I just wanted something to eat!  *le sigh*  I managed to reign it in before bed without doing too much damage, but I was pretty disappointed in myself that I didn't have the self-control to just recognize my snacky-ness for what it was and knock it off.  Today is a new day, right?

So, today I want to hear about your favorite post-op purchase.  It can be clothes, jewelry, shoes, whatever.  As long as it's not food!  LMAO  I think my Bandolino riding boots are up there with my favorite post-op purchases.  And you know what?  They're wide calf and they're actually getting a little big.  So, favorite purchase and NSV in one!  I also really really like these navy wedge espadrilles I just bought.  Of course, I can't wear 'em yet, what with the snow and all, but I love them so.  Now I need to buy an outfit to go with!

B:  Click Mocha and a Friendly Farms Greek yogurt in tropical fruit

L:  Buffalo chicken salad on a Flat Out Light wrap and a cheese stick.  

D:  Spinach Florentine chicken and roasted broccoli

S:  Dole banana dippers

TOTALS:  Cals:  851  Protein:  92  Carbs:  71  Fat:  29

Make today a good day!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/15 9:28 pm

Good morning. I think my favorite purchase was a pair of red Frye leather boots that zip up the back instead the side of the leg. I think the winter doldrums are setting in when we feel the urge to think about eating and food all day.

B:Two hard boiled eggs

S:Yogurt

L:Chili

D:Salad with steak and some blue cheese and Panera poppy seed dressing

Vitamins are in for the morning water is going down. Looking forward to the next snowstorm coming. 

Exercise cleaning. Still on light duty

Have a great day

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 9:38 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

That's a great point about the winter blues!  I'm hoping one the weather turns warmer and I'm able to get out more that I won't have snacks on the brain quite as much.

And red leather boots?  Yowza!!  I want to see them!

mamata2
on 3/3/15 9:36 pm

Good morning all!  Yesterday was going great until I derailed myself with a chocolate martini.  Delicious but not calorie friendly.  I am having dinner out tonight with a friend so I have decided I will not drink or eat sugar/carbs.  But wine isn't a carb, right?  ;)  I don't know where we are going yet but usually we pick fairly well.

My favorite post-surgery purchase... skinny jeans and high boots!  Before surgery I thought skinny jeans were Satan in denim.  Now I think they are fun and sassy!  My black boots are wide calf and are getting far to baggy (Yay for us AV!) so I'm looking forward to buying a new pair next year.  I also really like all my skirts and dresses I have bought.  Before surgery I HATED showing my legs and knees.  Now I totally love being in a skirt (it helps that I can cross my legs now).

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte and steel cut oats with cherries and almonds

S: Coffee with SF Creamer and 1/2 Quest bar (if needed)

L: TJ's Chili Lime Chicken strip and refried beans (I need a break from this but it is finally the last of it)

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

Post-workout: EAS Shake

D: TBD

W/V: Started

E: Fartleks!  Ugh!

Have a great day all! 

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 10:59 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

A skirt!  Maybe that's what I need to go with my new espadrilles!  I keep buying black dress pants and I need to stop.  I have about eleventy billion pairs of black pants right now.

mamata2
on 3/3/15 11:02 pm

Definitely get a skirt for those espadrilles!  Or maybe even a DRESS!  Sheath dresses are super cute and practical too!  I have weaned myself off black dress pants (I had so many pairs when I was MO).

AngryViking
on 3/3/15 11:05 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Yeah, even as I'm going down in sizes and buying new clothes, they are mostly black, white and gray.  Like today I'm wearing black pants with white pinstripes and a black sweater.  LOL

mamata2
on 3/3/15 11:08 pm

I have forced myself to integrate some color.  Today I have a Kelly green sweater on, but my skirt is gray, black tights and black boots... LOL

karenp8
on 3/4/15 12:24 am - Brighton, IL

You must add some color AV! You don't need to blend into the background now my dear! You have worked hard and deserve to show it off!!

Dodgergirl27
on 3/4/15 12:32 am
RNY on 01/22/14

mmm...chocolate martini :)  I would have derailed myself as well!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views